~Chapter nine~ The date pt. 2

~Annabel~

After dealing with Angel mouthing "whats wrong?" everytime I looked at him, the girl he was with staring at me in confusion, and Carlos asking me countless questions about my favorite things to do and what not, the food finally arrived. I ordered fettucini alfredo and dug in right away. I did use table manners but I was hungry.

"So, back to what I asked earlier. About your mom." I stopped chewing my food and swallowed it whole, trying my best not to choke.

"Umm..." I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to tell anyone.

"From the sound of it, you don't seem to have a mom, do you?" I looked down and shook my head.

When I lifted my head back up, I looked into his eyes and instantly regretted it. They were freaking me out. They weren't the usual blue color they always were. They were black. Pitch black. And his lips starting curving into an evil smile. At that point, I don't think it was Carlos I was talking to anymore.

"Carlos? Your eyes..." His smile was a full out grin and his teeth were sharp.

I pushed away from the table and stood up. Angel watched as I walked towards the exit. When I got outside, I pulled my phone out of my bra and was about to call Kasey when a hand clamped down on my shoulder.

"Hey. Are you ok?" Carlos was back to normal now. I think.

I shrugged his hand off and backed up. He proceeded to follow me and my anxiety started taking over again.

"G-get away f-from m-me." Tears were stinging my eyes and I did the only thing I could do.

I ran.

My run was cut short when a loud screech was heard on the road I was running across. I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared at it. I wasn't afraid of getting into a car. But I was terrified of being hit by one. People were yelling at me to get off the road but I couldn't.

It's like I was trapped there. Everything seemed to slow down as it got closer. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the fatal impact. But it never came came. A pair of arms wrapped around me just as the car came crashing into us. I opened my eyes and turned to see Angel holding onto me for dear life as the car that hit us appeared to have more damage than we did. I suddenly panicked.

"Angel! Are you ok? Are you hurt? How..." He shut me up by pulling me into a tight hug.

"Annabel Smith, I swear if you ever do something like that again, I will punish you." He held onto me, regardless of ambulance people trying to pull us apart.

Eventually he let me go to the back of the ambulance for inspection. Other than a little shock, I was perfectly fine. I got up and walked over to where they were looking at Angel and nearly started crying. His back was hit pretty bad. There was blood running down it as they pulled off his dress shirt. He kept insisting he was fine and it was just a scratch but it looked terrible.

"I'm fine. Seriously. Can I go now?" After they cleaned his wounds and reluctantly let him go, he walked over to me right away.

"I need to talk to you. About everything. And it needs to be tonight." I scowled at him.

"Well thanks for saving me but why don't you go talk to your date?" I hissed the last word before storming off.

Not even seconds later, he had a hold of me yet again. I glared at him and he chuckled.

"You know, I wouldn't consider my sister a date." My cheeks reddened in embarrassment as he smiled in amusement.

"Awh. Somebody's jealous. And don't deny it. I know when you're lying, Bel." My heart fluttered as he led me to his car.