Chapter 60

GUNNER

"Thank you for everything Gunner Tyson," she said and slowly let go of my hand, so I decided to turn my back on her and start walking towards the door.

When I hold the doorknob, she weakly calls my name, "Gun," I stop and look at her.

She urged the most beautiful smile and, "Can I make an impossible joke?" she asked while sobbing, making her nose go red even more. I chuckled and nodded.

She smile, "Kung lumipas ang limang taon, kung sakaling mag-isa parin tayong dalawa, pwede bang tayo na lang ulit?" hirap niyang sambit habang pilit tinatago ang sakit sa kanyang ngiti.

I laughed to hide the pain from watching her cry and she laughed the hardest way. My heart feels so heavy so I try my best to control it and answer her, "Impossible joke won't happen haha," I said before I opened the door, took the last wave, and left.

I quickly went down to the parking lot and went inside my car, I hit the steering wheels so many times and tears started to fall from my eyes.

"Fuck!" I cursed so hard and shook my head to the steering wheels.

Seeing her like that, watching her beg, watching her let go still fucking pains me!

"Fuck!!!" I whisper and remember everything...

Calling Beb...

I have been calling her since yesterday but she's not answering. I'm scared that something might happen to her. Maybe she's having a hard time... I wanna talk to her.

"Are you ready Son, the meeting is about to start," napatingin ako sa aking likuran ng magsalita si Dad at tinapik ang aking balikat at inayos ang aking suot na necktie.

"Yes, Dad," I firmly said before I checked my phone once again, checking if she answered my calls but still no...

I'm starting to lose focus because of her, I know her when she has problems she will not talk to me because she doesn't want to distract me But fuck when it's about her I wanted to be distracted!!!

"Answer now Beb please" I whisper and keep trying...

"Son, let's go," Dad said, I took a last glance on my phone and sighed before I entered the meeting.

As the meeting started she called, I was about to answer it when Dad held my hand. "Not now Son," whisper.

I nodded and didn't answer the phone even if I'm dying wanting to hear her voice. So I just texted her.

To Beb,

I'm in an important meeting right now Beb, call you later ok.

As I send it my phone shut down, "Fuck!" I curse so everyone looks at me, "I'm sorry" sambit ko at agad tinabi ang aking cellphone sa aking bulsa, and choose to focus on the meeting.

The meeting ended so late, and when we went home Dad told me to come to his office here in the house and he handed me a dozen of folders. "Review all of this for the proposal tomorrow, don't miss a spot ok," Dad said, I nodded and walked toward the door.

"Give me your phone, avoiding disturbance will help us to close the deal for tomorrow so give it to me, I will give it back tomorrow," he said, wala akong nagawa kundi iabot ito at bagsak balikat na naglakad papunta sa aking kwarto.