8

Rocking in the swing chair on the porch, I watched Janice drive down the dirt road after picking up Olivia for school. Julius began fussing again. Giving him the teething necklace he chewed on it. Rickey stepped out onto the porch, his hair messy and wet. He wore the same clothes as last night. Moving over to the swing, he sat down beside me. "I didn't say good morning to you" he whispered and pushed some hair out my eye. Looking up at him I smiled. "Good morning beautiful" he whispered and kissed me.
"Good morning to you" I smiled as we pulled away. Down the road I heard a car getting close to the house. Pulling away completely, I looked towards the noise.

Standing up, I walked back into the house as the blue car pulled in behind my black Hilux. Going into the main room, I put Julius in the play area. Going to the fridge I grabbed out some juice. Outside I could hear the boys talking. Pouring myself a cup, I grabbed another pancake. Taking a bite, the front screen opened and closed. Rickey walked around the corner and came up to me. "I have to go. Gotta go look after the farm and all. I also wrote the rest of our numbers down on the notepad beside the house phone..." Pulling me close he kissed me again. Leaning down he took a bite from my pancake and gave me a wink.
"I'll see Kane later on. You gonna see him today?" I asked as he walked up the hallway and began pulling on his shoes.
"Most likely. Maybe we'll see each other then" winking again he walked out the front door and got into the car with Garrett.

...

Going inside the building, I went straight to the back office. Angel and Grace were discussing something at Grace's desk. Looking up at me they smiled. "Hey" I announced and went and sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk. "I slept with one of the brothers" I blurted out. They both stood back in surprise.
"Which one?" They both asked in unison.
"That guy I talked to at the bar that night. He's the brother that didn't live with Kane. Rickey. I slept with him"
"When?" Grace asked leaning onto the desk.
"Last night. Kane had a fall and was sent to hospital so I went to the hospital and got Janice to take the kids. We were almost to the farm when Olivia called me crying. Noah was at Janice's, off his tree yelling at Janice. So, obviously I went and got my kids and so Rickey said he was gonna stay at my house just in case Noah came around... The kids were asleep and we were talking and it kind of just happened..."
"Was it good?" Angel inquired. Grace slapped her arm at the question. Smiling I nodded as I thought back on it.
"More than good. It was... Amazing" I answered, my body warming at the memory.
"Are you gonna continue seeing him? And are you gonna tell the other brothers?"
"I'm not sure. I mean I have kids, I'm not sure how it would work and if he would want to go any further. Telling the brothers before I even know what is gonna happen might splinter their relationships with Rickey... But when I woke up this morning he was so sweet. He had already started making breakfast for us and he had looked after Olivia while I slept. Before that I had woken up for Julius' morning feed and I had fell asleep. He had even put Julius back in his crib so I could sleep longer"
"Do you honestly think it'd affect their relationships? They're brothers. I mean there'll be some awkwardness but that's also because they see you as their sister as well... And if he is willing to stick around and help you out with the kids then he most likely doesn't have a problem that you have kids and he'd be foolish to not want a relationship with you" Grace assured me.