9

Pulling onto the private road, Olivia got excited. "Thank you mummy" she smiled brightly from her seat. Parking in my spot again, I saw Rickey chopping wood. Sitting back, I watched as he swung the axe down. His muscles moving under his sweaty back. Quickly breaking my gaze away, I got out of the car. Going around to Olivia I got her out the car. Getting on my back, she held onto me tightly. Going through the gate, he looked up as I stopped far enough away. "Hi" he announced breathless and he stood up. I couldn't help but stare. Swallowing hard, I squeaked out my own hi. Smirking, he pulled back on his shirt. "What ya doing here?"
"I wanted to see the unicorn" Olivia announced from my back.
"Ahh. Well hang on, I gotta make sure she wants to see you. She has just had a baby. Where's your brother?"
"He's at grandma's. I wanted to see the unicorn so mummy picked me up" she replied. Once we went through the gate, I let her down. Taking my hands, she walked in front of me. "You stay out here and I'll get her ready. Okay?" Stopping at the barn doors, he slipped inside while we stayed outside. A few minutes later, he opened the door and we went inside.

In the end stable I found Kane's mare with a unicorn horn on her head, it was attached to the browband of her bridle. While Rickey took Olivia up to the mare, I stood at an empty stable. It was Olivia's old stable. Leaning on the door a little I smiled at the memories I had with her. "You're sweaty" Olivia squealed further down the barn. Looking towards them, I smiled as I watched Rickey hold Olivia up and he showed her how to stroke her muzzle. Pushing off the door, I went up to them. The mare was Olivia's only fowl, Candy. "I remember when she was born" I whispered as I also stroked her muzzle. "She was Olivia's only fowl" I explained to Rickey.
"That's my name mummy" Olivia perked up looking at me.
"Yeah I know baby. I named you after my horse and your other grandmother." I told her. "I was the one that actually suspected she was pregnant to start with. She hadn't been able to get pregnant when Kane tried... She chose to when she got pregnant" I smiled as Candy pushed her muzzle into my hand for more pats. "She died a few weeks after giving birth. I believe it was a colon torsion. We were just a little too late" I continued.