17

Calling out it was cleared, I left the room and walked slowly into the main room. Sniffing, I didn't feel the need to vomit. Sighing, I went over to the couch and sat down. "How'd they take it after I left?" I asked picking at the couch.
"I mean dad's shocked that you're pregnant. He's also excited he officially has a son who is having a baby. My brothers... They didn't speak to me after you left. They looked at me and then all walked out of the room. Garrett did congratulate me this morning but that's mostly because he and I were the only ones awake at 4 o'clock" Rickey shrugged and came around to sit beside me. "I haven't seen the others because I went and did some chores and didn't go back into the house"
"Do you even want a kid Rickey?" I asked looking down at the couch. Grabbing my chin he made me look up at him. He had the biggest smile on his face and I could see the excitement in his eyes. "Yes" he assured me with so much conviction that it was hard not to believe him. Grabbing my cheek he leaned over and kissed me.

...

Walking into the house, I gripped my hands together. The four brothers sat at the dining room table. Rickey finally agreed to wait outside while I talk to them. "I'm sorry" I choked out as they all looked at me.
"How long?" Frankie asked staring straight at me. None of them showed any emotions. No wonder why I could never win a game when they have such good poker faces. "Technically since the night Kane was put in hospital" I swallowed hard.

Nodding, Garrett stood and came up to me, breaking his poker face, he smiled and then hugged me. Then they all broke and hugged me. "Fuck you all. I thought you were going to kick me out" I growled as they hugged me.
"We would never do that" Michael grumbled like it offended him.
"Garrett's next in line to get a girlfriend" Michael teased as we all pulled away.
"No Denny" the boys then began fighting over who turn it was. Outside the sound of a gunshot, stopped all the boys fighting.
"Bring her out here or the next bullet to come out of this gun will go into your chest!" Noah's voice made my heart plummet. Yet another moment ruined. The boys all surrounded me. "No, she stays inside. I won't let you kill her" Rickey called back. Pushing out from the group of men, I went into the closet. Using my phone I dialled Grace's number.
"Noah's here. Gun. Get your brother. Kane's farm" I spoke quickly as I grabbed the shotgun and loaded it. Hanging up on me, I dropped my phone and it flashed to a photo of Olivia and Julius from a month ago. The same day I took the pregnancy test. 

He's not going to get anywhere near my kids.

Loading a bullet into the chamber, I handed it to Garrett, the best aim. 10 minutes, hold him off for ten minutes that's it, I told myself. Going into the safe, I got another gun, a pistol this time. Loading it, I put it in my jeans waistband. 9 minutes.