16

Walking up to Angel and Grace's house, I knocked on the door. Angel pulled it open and she went straight to me and looked at my neck. "Please tell me it wasn't Rickey who did this?" She hissed as she pulled me inside.
"No it was Noah" I admitted and sat down on their couch. Grace was sitting on the couch and also stared at my neck. "He's started using heroin... He threatened to kill the kids"
"Why?" Angel asked softly sitting in an armchair facing the couch.
"Because he found out I'm having Rickey's baby" I announced, my eyes tried to well up but I've cried every last tear out already.
"Congratulations" Grace squealed and hugged me. I tried to smile but the look on Rickey's face keeps playing in my head. The look of shock, anger and sadness. "I kind of yelled it to him... In front of the others" I grimaced.
"Well what happened next?"
"I screamed fuck and stormed out the house... If they didn't have dirt as their road I would've been burning rubber" I tried to half heartedly joke. Angel smiled at me sadly.
"Right well we're going to stay up and do a Twilight rerun" Grace announced.
"Twilight really?" Angel groaned. "No we need some sexy men in our life right now. Fifty Shades" she ordered. Smiling finally, Angel sat down beside me.
"If you start puking we'll send you home" Grace joked as she sat down on the other side of me. This is what I needed tonight.

The Next Day

Swinging the bat Grace had borrowed from me, I went inside the house. The smell of the dishes pilling up in the sink made me gag and run to the toilet, thankfully nothing came out. Just as I stood up someone knocked on my front door. "Penelope?" Rickey's voice echoed through the house. "Bedroom" I called as I stepped into the doorway to my bedroom. I listened as he pulled off his shoes and walked through to my room. "Hi" I whispered and rested my body against the door frame.
"Hey" he whispered sadly and came up to me.
"I'm sorry I yelled it at you. I was planning on something a little more subtle" I tried to joke. Giving me a lop sided grin, he pulled me into his arms. "Garrett shouldn't have pushed you to start with"
"Do you think of me any different?" I asked as a tear fell down my face.
"Because you had a drug problem? No. You told me you had a drug problem, sure it's a bit of a shock knowing you took heroin but it doesn't change how I see you as a mother or as a woman, or the mother of my child. We all have demons. You fight yours everyday and have conquered... Now is there a reason you are staying in this doorway?" He smiled down at me.
"The smell out there. It... I ain't moving from here" I admitted.
"Well then I'll deal with it, you stay in place and I'll let ya know when it's cleared. Okay?" Smiling I nodded. Kissing me quickly, he pulled away and closed the door before he began clanking around in the kitchen.

Country Girl | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara