11

A Month Later

Walking into Kane's house, Olivia squealed happily outside as she played tag with the twins. Sitting beside Kane in the window, I placed Julius down, who crawled away before standing up against the coffee table. "He took his first steps last week" I announced proudly as he stood without the help of the coffee table. Rickey came downstairs and towards us, he had just showered and he smelt of a woodsy smell and God it smelt delicious. I've tried to text him but he has been ignoring me and he doesn't really stick around when I come to the house every week. Not daring to look up at him because I know he'll be looking breathtaking, Julius then stepped towards him and then another. After three steps he fell onto his butt and crawled the rest of the way to Rickey who was now crouching. "Good job buddy" Rickey announced as he picked up Julius.
"Oh Olivia's taught him to high five as well" I announced standing up as I heard Olivia crying outside. Holding my hand out to Julius he smiled brightly and slapped his small hand on mine, kissing his cheek, I continued outside. "We didn't do anything" the boys threw their hands up as I went up to Olivia. She was holding her leg. Blood was dripping down out of her leggings and onto the ground.

Holding her up, I pulled the leggings from under her skirt, off. She sat back down on the ground as I pulled the leggings over whatever kind of cut was on her leg. Not letting her touch her leg, one of the boys handed me a first aid box. Using her leggings I cleaned away most of the blood. "This gonna sting baby, but I have to clean it. Okay?" Sobbing she nodded. Grabbing the saline I opened it. Frankie crouched beside us. "Squeeze my hand as tight as you can. Come on break my hand" he dared her. She gripped onto his hand as I poured it over the wound. Getting some alcohol wipes, I made sure everything was out of the scrap. Putting some antibacterial cream on the bandage I put it over top and tapped it down. "Okay baby girl, all done. Did you break uncle Frankie's hand?" I asked as I picked her up. Frankie shock his hand out playing the part.
"Almost" he announced and rubbed it like it actually hurt. Olivia giggled against my shoulder. Her tears slowly going away. Denny then helped clean up the kit as I went inside. Holding her, she snuggled into me. "Right who wants pizza?" Garrett called as he walked out the kitchen holding up the Domino's pizza menu.
"Mummy can I have pizza?" Olivia whispered and pulled away from me so she could look up at me.
"Yeah baby" I agreed.
"Come here. Rickey and mummy can go pick it up" Kane announced and held his arms out to her. Nodding, I handed her over to him. He obviously wants us to talk.