10

Olivia ran off and swung on the swing that Rickey had apparently fixed. We were hidden from her but we could still see her. Coming up behind me, he wrapped his arms around me. "She is right about one thing" I announced as he leaned his head on my shoulder.
"Mmm" his chest vibrated against my back making me shiver a little.
"You're sweaty" I teased. Rubbing his arm on me, I laughed as he rubbed his sweat on me. "You weren't complaining when you saw me chopping wood" he growled in my ear. Smiling, I looked at him. Kissing him quickly, his phone began ringing. Kissing me back, my heart felt like it was gripped onto tightly and let go. Walking away, he answered the phone. Walking over to Olivia, I sat on the second new swing. Swinging with her, we tried to swing the highest.

...

Dropping Olivia back off at Janice's, I drove to the hospital. Going up to Kane's room, I knocked on his door. "Come in" he called from inside. Going in, I held the teddy out to him and the drawing Olivia made, Julius also had a squiggle on the page. "You scared me Kane" I announced as I hugged him. Pulling away I sat down on the bed next to him. Giving him the piece of paper, he smiled down at it. Janice had written a description at the bottom of the paper. "Rickey mentioned you went to the farm earlier with Olivia"
"Yeah she wanted to see the unicorn" I laughed.
"He also told me about Noah's little show at Janice's. I have a feeling he didn't tell me the whole truth"
"What'd he tell you?" I asked and looked down at the teddy.
"Well, he mentioned Olivia's phone call and how Noah was spewing shit about them not being his kids. Something about you sleeping with one of my son's or all of them... The way he said it though that's what he's keeping from me"
"Well he offered to stay the night at my house, just in case Noah got anymore bright plans... After I got the kids to bed, we stayed up and talked..."
"And one thing led to another? Darling I don't care if you guys get together. Honestly I've been prepared since you first stayed with us that you'll get together with one of the boys. It was a surprise when you didn't. As long as you both are clear with each other with what you want and that you are prepared for anything that could happen if you guys don't go through with persuing a relationship or if you do and it doesn't work out? You need to be prepared for what could happen, especially since you have kids... Rickey is a good man and he'd be lucky to have you by his side" nodding we sat in silence for a while before we began talking about the kids.