15

Going inside I noticed Rickey sitting at the kitchen table reading something on his phone. "Hey" I called out surprising him. Looking up he smiled but it quickly fell as he looked at the scarf around my neck. Frowning he stood up and came up to me. Taking the scarf from my neck, he moved my hair and looked at the bruise. "Who did this?" He growled just as Garrett came downstairs, he also stopped and noticed my neck. Biting my lip, I tried holding back the tears but it failed and they came streaming down my face. "I'm gonna kill him" Rickey roared. Pulling me into his chest, Rickey held me as I cling to him with everything I had.
"Where are the kids?" Garrett asked as he stopped at the bottom of the steps.
"Gone. Janice took them on a holiday somewhere. I don't know where" I sobbed into Rickey's shoulder. The back door opened and closed and Kane's walking stick bounced through the house as the other boys came inside. As Rickey tried to pull away, I shook my head and hugged him tighter. I was afraid if he let go I was going to crumble to ash. "What's happened baby girl?" Kane's sweet voice made the tears fall harder. Rickey just held me and rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head. His shirt soaked to good heavens but I didn't care, I needed someone to hold me... No I needed him to hold me. I was already falling for him. I've only known him a few months but I was falling and hard. I could hear Garrett speaking but I only focused on Rickey's heart beat and his hand rubbing my back.

After finally calming down a little, Kane was patting my red cheeks with a wet cloth trying to help with the swelling that I always get when I cry. In the other room I could hear the boys discussing something. Getting down from the bathroom sink, we left the bathroom and joined the boys. "Did he threaten you?" Frankie asked looking up at me. Nodding, I sat down. Hugging my legs, I laid my head on my knees.
"What'd he threaten with?" Denny asked from beside me.
"To kill the kids... He's been watching me" I admitted.
"Why would he kill his own kids?" Michael asked aloud.
"Because he thinks I'm his and only his" I announced and looked at Rickey quickly before looking at Kane who sat in his usual seat.
"He's been doing heroin" I also admitted as I leaned back.
"He does every drug under the moon. So what?" Michael growled.
"He does not. He may pop a pill or smoke a joint but he does not do hard drugs..." Stopping myself before I say anymore, I stood up and paced the back of the couch.
"No finish that sentence" Garrett dared me. Staring at him hard, I huffed out a cold laugh.
"Noah doesn't do heroin. Never has. Heroins my drug of choice, okay?" Throwing my arms out I stared him down. The room got awfully quiet. "I used to sit out on the stairs and shoot up every night. Noah just gave me a more variety of drugs and I took every. Single. One. But it never made me numb like heroin did. Never got me to sleep like heroin did. Heroin is my demon not Noah's" I admitted. "Did ya know I overdosed in the barn? I bet ya didn't. Kane found me because Olivia wouldn't shut up. I almost lost my daughter because of it. I may not have known I was pregnant but God does that night fucking haunt me in my sleep... Julius is the result of a drug fueled bender... I've tried everything to keep them from that dark past. I grew the fuck up and grew some balls. Noah threatening me is my fault." I screamed.
"No it is not" Rickey yelled back at me as he stood up.
"Yes it is because he knows I'm pregnant" I yelled back at him. SHIT! The look on his face broke me. "Fuck!" Throwing my hands on my head, I dropped them and stormed out the house. Getting in my car, I took off, new tears falling down my face.