27

When y/n slowly opened her eyes, she wasn't feeling anything painful from any part of her body except for the stinging pain on her stomach due to the guy's kick earlier

When y/n slowly opened her eyes, she wasn't feeling anything painful from any part of her body except for the stinging pain on her stomach due to the guy's kick earlier. She noticed there were no blood dripping from any part of her, soon enough she realized, someone received the bullet that was supposed to be meant for her.

"Soobin?" her eyes filled with worry that was mixed of pain and guilt after seeing Soobin slowly falling on the ground across her, with blood unstoppably dripping from his his shoulders. The thieves and his friends faces were unpaintable at the sight of someone falling on the ground and receiving the bullet that was not actually meant for him.

Due to the fear that grew inside the thieves', they all scattered around and released their victims. Running as fast as they can towards their van, leaving the students alone with nothing left but only Soobin's car. When y/n was finally released, she didn't even cared about how the suspects ran to escape from what they made as she run towards Soobin. With her trembling hands, she carried her into her arms, nearly getting teary at the sight of how much blood he lost.

"Taehyun! Huening Kai! W-what should I do!? H-help him! Do something!" her voice cracked as she commanded the two demons who are now rushing towards their direction, as Huening Kai helped to carry Soobin while Taehyun helped Beomgyu to stand.

"We can't heal someone stronger than us..." Huening Kai mumbled weakly, but the truth is, there's a concern and fear growing inside him that was explainable enough from seeing that they couldn't help the guy who helped them and accepted them inside his house.

"Can you drive?" y/n asked, as they carried Soobin and Beomgyu along inside the car as they all get in to find the nearest hospital which can help the two who had a severe casualty due to what happened. "I can" Taehyun insisted as he sat on the driver's seat while Huening Kai sat beside him. y/n was the one who was sitting on the back, together with the two who was enduring both of the pain the situation earlier caused them.

y/n couldn't help but to finally let the tears escape down from her eyes as she realized how much these two sacrificed their lives just for her, just to make sure she's safe. And she could barely imagine how she could be able to forgive herself if ever there's something real bad happen to those two.

.......

When they reach the hospital, they had left no choice but to wait outside the emergency room as the doctor and nurses try to cure the two injured men. y/n's hands were still trembling as the two demons that were left beside her, tried to calm her down by patting her shoulders and even giving her water that she refused to drink.

"Why do they always have to save me!? Why do they always have to take all the pain by themselves?" y/n's voice cracked as soon as the memory of what happened earlier was clear and fresh flashing back in her mind. The tears kept on flowing down her face, and she couldn't stop.

Huening Kai only patted her back, to comfort her to whatever she's feeling.

"Because you're weak"  y/n and Huening Kai turned their eyes up to Taehyun who's now looking down at her with a blank expressionless face.

Huening Kai was about to scold him, as he said things again towards y/n that he didn't even sugar coated it. But y/n held Huening Kai's wrist, stopping him from further speaking. "Stronger ones protect weaker ones. That's why they protect you"

y/n looked down anxiously, realizing that Taehyun said was all right and she have no rights to get mad at him for calling her weak because that's just the truth. Stronger ones survive, while weaker ones are easy to die. So the stronger ones save the weak in able for the weaker ones to survive as well.

"No!" Huening Kai exclaimed which made Taehyun and y/n jolted up in shocked when he suddenly raised his voice, contrasting what Taehyun said.

y/n's eyes met Huening Kai's eyes, as he said... "They saved you. Because they love you"

"Are you that numb, y/n? To the point you didn't even noticed how much Beomgyu takes care of you as his sister. And Soobin was always there for you because he's in love with you" Huening Kai significantly said, as he was straight staring into y/n's confused eyes that are now starting to form a soft look in her eyes.

Looking straight in his eyes, she can  tell that Huening Kai tells what he observed and the truth behind what she thought was only normal. She doesn't want her hopes to went high up but all she could ever think of now, is that somehow what Huening Kai told her was all real. Because she also had a hint before, but refused to think of it deeply as she doesn't want to assume things.

With that realization that took her long enough to believe in, she put her hands on her face as she sobbed. The white hallway was painfully silent, aside from the sound of her own crying. As she heard footsteps approaching her, that was coming from Taehyun himself. Warm hands covered her hands, as he pulled it away from her face so that he could hold them instead. She slowly opened her eyes, noticing Taehyun regarding her a warm and comforting look on his face that was foreign for her.

"Don't worry. Beomgyu only received few punches. He's alive" he uttered.

"And Soobin... one bullet can't kill that demon Besides, he's already dead. You can't kill a person twice." he added, but this time there was a smile crept on his handsome face that was enough to feel y/n comforting.

y/n smiled, and this time it is real and no longer made mixed with pain. To be honest, the last person she expected comforting her was none other than Taehyun. Since he always had been the one wanting to get rid of her before. But look at him now, giving her comfort and advice not to worry over some things she doesn't need to worry about. Taehyun squeezed y/n's hands as he smiled and says....  "He didn't became the strongest demon for nothing"

......