33

.....

The world suddenly slowed down and stopped, when Soobin peek on the glass window of y/n's hospital room. Him and Yeonjun rushed to go to the nearest hospital where y/n was brought, and confirmed that a girl named Choi y/n got hit by a car outside their village.

Seeing her striving there, covered with fresh blood dripping out of her forehead, arm and knees. Making Soobin want to blame himself for her repeated misery.

"I-i'm sorry" the only words Soobin mumbled while his hand are shaking touching the window, looking straight into y/n striving for her life.

Until the window became color green, the nurses must've covered it using the curtain for they don't want any interruptions or distractions during the procedure of curing the wounded girl.

"This is all my fault" Beomgyu frustratedly run his fingers through his hair, tweaking it due to anger and guilt.

Soobin heard Yeonjun and Beomgyu talking about what happened to y/n, asking where her mom is, and found out that she's talking to the police about what happened.

It was a hit and run, making Soobin think that why do people always run away to the crime they had made? Just like what his brother, Yeonjun did when he killed y/n before. They are all such a bunch of cowards, running away from the chastise they were about to face.

Three boys blaming themselves because of the accident they didn't even caused.

Soobin walked away from them, to think alone for himself. Until he found himself walking in a small chapel inside the hospital, where people pray for their love ones to be cured.

But one thing he didn't know, Yeonjun followed him. And appeared beside him.

"A demon standing infront of a church? That's kinda odd. Good thing you're not burning" Yeonjun joked while his lips quirked up, trying to change the ambiance to being sad to being cheerful.

But when Soobin didn't laughed, Yeonjun stopped laughing. And just accepted his defeat that he can't really change the atmosphere.

"I don't know why people run away from the crime they had made..... is it because they are coward?" Soobin asked, shifting his eyes at Yeonjun. Referring to both him and that someone who hit y/n.

Yeonjun diverted his eyes at Soobin too, and saw how his eyes became all teary. Yeonjun looked away, surprise at the sudden eye contact.

"Yes. We're such a bastard, ain't we?" Yeonjun claimed, letting out a small bitter laugh.

"Yeah. You're a fvcking bastard" Soobin agreed, looking away as his hand balled into a fist once again.

A moment of silence filled the air one more time, suffocating silence that is hard to beat by just anyone. But Yeonjun, being an anti-silent demon, broke the silence by saying,

"You know what to do whenever a demon seemed to be dying, right?" Yeonjun asked him, looking to his left to see Soobin's reaction to his question.

Whenever demon fear something, whenever they felt that sudden ache on their left chest, whenever they felt like dying.... they'll try to distance themselves to the thing or someone they feared the most.

With that, they'll heal. And start again as a healthy one.

"Yeah. Fvck those rules. I'm tired of it" Soobin cursed, not even caring that he's infront of a chapel.

Yeonjun laughed because of what his younger brother said.

And thought, he must've really like y/n that much.

"You always follow y/n's rules. While you're tired of demon's rules? What the hell man, you're inlove" Yeonjun muttered, laughing. Making sure that no one will ever hear what they are talking about so he tried to decrease the volume of his voice.

"Yes. I love her since then. Tho the one that she loves is you"

Yeonjun's smile faded when Soobin suddenly said those words without any hesitation. Yeonjun, once again, looked at his brother.

And he looked down, feeling all regretful and guilty that he stole y/n away from Soobin before.

-ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ-

"See? Soobin doesn't like you" Yeonjun whispered to y/n, while she's looking straight to Soobin laughing with another girl.

And just by looking at his eyes, y/n can tell that he's happy.

"I'm the only one who loves you y/n.... why it can't be me?"

-ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ-

Yes. y/n likes Soobin too ever since. But both of them didn't had the chance to tell what they really feel, because of the hindrances and fear that they might only receive rejection.

"Soobin.... y/n likes you" Yeonjun said out of nowhere, shifting his eyes at his left to look at Soobin.

Soobin looked at him confusedly, telling himself not to assume any further, because Yeonjun might be only bluffing him.

"She was crying earlier.... b-because she hurt me. She knows that she hurt me...." Yeonjun mumbled, as he looked down and smiled painfully.

"She likes you too.... that's why she rejected me" Yeonjun added.

"You win now brother, Congrats" tho he already won ever since.

Yeonjun faced Soobin, with a smile crept on his face, but his eyes says the opposite.

He's in pain, but now, he already accept his own defeat.

Yeonjun pat Soobin's shoulder, before walking passed him to walk towards the exit door.

But before he can completely go, he stopped walking and called, "Bro"

Soobin was still surprised and puzzled, but he chose to look at Yeonjun and anticipate for what he's gonna say....

"Never let your guard down on her. Or else.... I'll come back and steal her away from you again" Yeonjun warned jokingly.

He smiled, and this time, his smile is real now. Like a smile of acceptance.

.......