29

a/n: let's pretend Eiji (the black haired boy) is y/n, and Ash (the blonde boy) is Soobin kkk

Soobin was awake all this time. And he heard Yeonjun and y/n's conversation and even how y/n confessed that she loves him. He wanted to jump out of happiness over hearing that y/n loves him too. However, he doesn't want to be happy knowing that his brother gave up again his unconditional love for y/n for the second time, when in fact, Soobin only stole this role from him. But it turns out Yeonjun became the villain, when in fact he was supposed to be the first lead.

He witnessed how his brother painfully left the hospital room, accepting his defeat and finally giving y/n the freedom without being able to tell her the truth. And Soobin felt guilty, since he knew, that once y/n found out the truth. Everything will change in an instant. Everything, including her growing feelings for him.

"y/n..." in a feeble manner, he called.

y/n almost jolted up in shocked when she heard his voice, as she turned her back around to face him, eyes opened widely when she saw him finally awake. Her lips soon grew a smile of bliss once she found out that Soobin finally woke up from his deep long sleep. "Soobin!- wait! I'll call the nurse--"

Soobin held his hand, to stop her from further walking and leaving the room which made her looked down at him eyes filled with confusion. "I heard it"

y/n's eyes widened and her face heated up as soon as she heard what Soobin said and quickly remembered that she did mentioned out a little confession earlier that she loves Soobin. "A-all?"

There was a little hope, in which she's praying that he didn't heard it ALL. However, her heart fell drastically when Soobin nodded a yes. She shamefully closed her eyes as she bite her lip in order for her to lessen the embarrassment she's feeling. But it didn't took her long enough to tame her embarrassment, when Soobin asked a question all of a sudden.

"what if... I'm the bad guy?" he asked.

y/n was confused on the sudden question he threw that even her eyes squinted in confusion. But soon enough after being able to process the question in her mind, she answered without hesitation... "you doesn't seem like a bad guy to me"

"j-just what if?" Soobin looked away, stuttering.

"You're technically a bad person. That's why you became a demon, right?" y/n put a point out of some more sense to his question. Asking back in return.  "y-yes"

Putting into an honest thought, y/n never really care what's the background history of someone she already got closed with. She never once judged a person because in the first place, she has the same cruel background. Let alone the guy who saved her from everything. Just from the very start that he accepted her to his house, she knew that he wasn't someone who's not worthy trusting of. Until she completely knew what kind of person he is, but it didn't made any difference. But she accepted him, just the way he is.

"The past won't make any difference. We're all living in the present now" she smiled, a genuine one.

"if you're the bad guy, then I'll be the cause of your change" with y/n's comforting words, Soobin couldn't help himself but to cry in mixed sorrow and happiness. He doesn't want to tell her the truth, he doesn't want to end this almost perfect fairy tale for him. This was too much a dream for him that is now happening in reality, he won't do any more move to ruin it.

........

Yeonjun stood straight after leaning on the door of Soobin's hospital room, being able to eavesdrop something that only hurt him even more. With a heavy sigh of dismay, he put his hands inside his pockets as he started walking, maintaining his cool posture as if there was no painful regrets inside his chest that kept on bubbling inside him. Pretending he was all okay to what happened.

But he stopped walking midway along the white stark hallway, when he saw two familiar faces walking at his direction. As the both stopped walking when they saw him.

"You! You're master Soobin's enemy, right!?" Huening Kai reacted to quickly, that his voice raised and echoed along the quiet hallway.

Taehyun elbowed Huening Kai to make him stop from further making any loud noise. Which was successful, since from that move, Huening Kai automatically shut himself up. "I'm his older brother"

Both of them were surprised after hearing what the older demon said. Even wasn't able to compromise what they just knew. "I'm just visiting him."

Huening Kai and Taehyun both looked at each other in sync, signalling each other whom to speak up first.

"I'm afraid there is some strange thing happening to Soobin" Yeonjun uttered out bluntly, that made the two looked at him with squinting eyes that was filled with confusion once he said that. As they asked, "what is it?"

Yeonjun looked straight at them, which only made the two cleared their throat in fear as they took a step backward seeing how intimidating this older demon is. "His wound is not healing."

.......