XXXI

XXXI
everything

Alas-diez na ng umaga nang tumulak kami pa-Claveria. Dahil roon, hapon na nang nakarating ako sa mansyon. Ayos lang naman iyon dahil gabi pa ang nakatakdang salu-salu ng pamilya namin at ng mga Flavio.

The hand maids and butlers welcomed me. They were immediately attentive to any of my concerns although I had none.

I may be rebellious and I'm never one to follow abusive superiority, but I still am a decent person. I was still raised to be polite. So out of courtesy and respect for my mother, I made my appearance to the said dinner.

Inihahanda pa lamang ang engradeng lamesa nang bumaba ako. The heavy silk velvet curtains were open, giving way for the magnificent view of the garden from the huge Victorian windows. The lights from the crystal chandeliers in the middle of the ceiling put the natural stars of the evening sky to shame.

Amid all the extravagance, Mama's Carla Bruni-like fierce face stood out in the dining area. Maya't maya ang paroon at parito niya, sinisigurong maayos ang lahat. Huminto lamang ito nang makita ako.

"I'm glad you made it," Pinagdampi niya ang aming mga pisngi.

Pilit ang ngisi ko. Mabilis ring naglaho ang tuwa ni Mama nang pasadahan ako ng tingin.

"I don't think this outfit is very flattering for this evening, love," She tried hard to conceal her grimace.

Malalakas na yabag ng takong sa marmol na sahig ang naulanigan ko.

"I think it's good, Ate. Let her wear her style." Auntie Camila trudged in her custom blue Catherine Walker coat dress and Louboutin Pigalle.

"Armani, is it?" Hinawakan niya ang tela ng suot kong plain wool crepe dress. Tinernuhan ko iyon ng Chanel sling back.

"Yes, Auntie."

"I think it's a bit dull. Mukha kang matandang principal diyan." Si Mama bago tumalikod upang muling asikasuhin ang mga inihahanda sa lamesa.

I sighed. The Luisiana sisters take such high regard to fashion and arts. They have all the money in the world that the only thing they worry about is beauty and grandeur. Whenever I'm in this mansion, I feel like I'm literally in a different world because real-world problems do not exist here.

Hindi nagtagal ay dumating rin ang mga panauhin. Leonelle Flavio, Lyon's uncle, Anton Léon, his father and his grandparents joined us in the formal dinner. Tumatakbo ang oras at madilim na ang natatanaw na hardin ngunit wala pa rin si Lyon.

"Hindi sumasagot sa tawag ko, pasensiya na. Baka parating na rin iyon." Paumanhin ng Tito niya.

The Flavio men were both fine looking. They were simple but they excude undeniable class and wealth. Lyon's uncle was the friendly one while his elder brother was rather taciturn.

"You look so much different than the last time I saw you hija. You grew up really well and beautiful." Papuri ng Tito niya.

"Thank you po."

"You're taking up Fine Arts, I heard? Why didn't you pursue a more competitive career path?"

"Po?"