Chapter 1: Introducing the Ultimates!

|Case 1: Turnabout love, spirit and past issues|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Phoenix's POV*

Darkness, that was all I could see. It was dark and cold, I looked around as my eyes adjusted to the darkness, turning around I could see Apollo and Athena. Neither of them were smiling, instead they both wore a grim look on their face. "Hey you guys, what's wrong?" I asked them. Apollo started crying, something he rarely did. "It's all my fault! He's dead because of me." I looked at him with wide eyes. "Who's dead?!" He looked away from me. "Klav, he's dead because I didn't protect him."

Athena looked over at Apollo with the same shock on her face. "So I'm not the only one who caused someone to die!" Athena shouted. Apollo and I looked over at her. "Who else is dead ?"I was afraid of the answer. "Simon! He died protecting me and I-I-It's all my fault." I comforted both of them, telling them that it wasn't their fault.

Eventually they both stopped crying and started chatting like they would normally do. "Daddy?" I turned around to the sound of a small girl. "Trucy! You're okay ! I thought you were gone and that I would never see you again." I ran towards her to give her a hug but the minute I touched her she turned to dust. I was confused, was this another one of her magic tricks? Or could this be Magmakuma's doing? I looked back to where Apollo and Athena were standing but they were gone too.

I was in complete darkness, alone in the dark wasn't something I was very fond of. "Wright." The sudden voice made me jump. It was barely above a whisper and sounded far too weak to be talking. I turned to the sound of the voice and my eyes widened in shock. On the ground was Miles and he was covered in blood. I ran towards him immediately removing my jacket to use it to stop him from bleeding out. "Oh god Miles i'm so sorry." He shook his head weakly. "You have nothing to apologize for, Phoenix you weren't the one who shot me."

Now I was the one who was crying. But I promised to watch your back and I didn't." It was dead quiet, with Miles slowly dying from blood loss neither of us wanted it to be quiet. "It would have been you had I not done something." I shook my head. "That doesn't give you a reason to throw your life away for me, of all people! Who shot you, who did Miles?" He chuckled weakly. "Ha ha, I can't seem to remember what his face is so I couldn't tell you. But there was something I never told you." I pulled him closer to me out of the fear of me losing him, it was also so I could hear him better.

" What is it? I'm listening." I told him, he had a warm smile on his face and for once it wasn't fake. "I was in l-" And he took his final breath without completing his sentence.

.

.

.

.

I bolted up in my bed, was that just a nightmare? I checked the time, 7:30 am. The announcement still hasn't gone off yet, I pulled myself out of bed and quickly changed. I really hope that was a dream, I couldn't imagine losing him. Maybe I should go check just to be sure, his dorm is right next to mine anyway. I silently left my room and softly knocked on his door. There was no answer and I began to panic. I knocked again, this time I got an answer with Miles standing there quite annoyed.

"Wright what are you-" I wasted no time tackling him in a hug. He took a moment to process what was going on before he hugged me back. "What's this for?" He asked me, closing the door behind us, I finally broke the hug and smiled sheepishly at him. "Sorry about that, I'm known to have bad dreams and I guess that I thought it was real." Miles sighed. "Wright, you do know you can talk to me. In this dream did something happen that has to do with our current circumstances?" I nodded and he sighed holding his hand out, he seemed to be waiting for something and on impulse I gave him my hand. He squeezed it to reassure me that everything would be okay after all.