Chapter 36: You've grown so much stronger Maya Fey

A/N: I am so sorry about the wait, I am doing my best to continue this story but I'm in the middle of my midterm week and school has been kicking my ass so it's hard to find time to write. I am currently working on chapter 37 as we speak. So please try to be patient with me. -Mandy

*Phoenix's POV*

I watched the wheel of fate spin for what felt like forever, finally it began to slow down until it landed on Simon's little icon of himself. The words "Victory" spelled out in big bold letters under his icon made me breathe a sigh of relief. "Correct! The person who killed Franziska Von Karma was Simon Blackquill himself!" Magmakuma crackled.

"So It's true then-" Athena's breath caught in her throat as she finally stood up from her kneeling position on the floor. "Why?" She demanded. "My, my, little girl, we understand you're upset but now is not the time for-" Angel began. "Don't call me that!" She hissed at her, finally turning to Simon, she told him, "I trusted you, and you lied to me!" She began to back up, forgetting there was a small step down.

"Athena, watch your!-" Klavier tried to warn her but he was a little late. Before she even had the chance to hit the floor someone was there to catch her, hand around her waist. She looked up to find Simon there, always ready to catch her if she fell. Not this time though, she shook her head. "You need to watch your step, Cykes-dono, you could have seriously been hurt." Simon set her down and checked for any minor injuries. She pushed him off her and turned to face him.

"Cykes-dono?" He questioned, Simon had carefully planned out everything tonight to make sure he was prepared for anything. What he wasn't prepared for was when Athena had slapped him, hard across the face.

"I could have hurt myself?" Athena asked, anger flashed through her eyes. "What about what you did tonight? You clearly didn't think about the consequences. You don't want me to get hurt? Well maybe you should have thought of that before you went to commit murder!" She shouted at him

He stood there silent, careful not to make any sudden movements that would further upset her. "I want you to tell me everything, why you did it, what happened and even what Franziska had to say during your conversation. You at least owe me that."

She looked over to Maya who had stepped off her podium and had now made her way near the two. She extended her hand to her which Maya took before they both looked at him expectantly. Simon sighed and watched as the rest of us, myself included, joined them and waited on an explanation from him.

"You know this story doesn't have a happy ending, are you sure you want this?" He asked, and at first, I wasn't really sure who he had asked. Was it towards Athena? Following his gaze it landed on Maya and she refused to look anywhere but his eyes, keeping direct eye contact.

"I have to know what happened to Frany. No matter how bad it gets, I'm ready for the truth." I had never seen her so confident. Simon let out a sigh and broke his eye contact with her. Now turning to Athena he asks, "and what about you?" Athena shook her head. " I have to know the truth about why you did this, you owe me that much." Simon paused for a moment, one that didn't last significantly long but it was there.

"Very well then. All of this took place the night we received the second letter."

(A recollection of the past)

Simon stared down at the letter in his hand, he ran his finger over the top of the page. He glared at the big bold letters that spelled out the name, "Franziska Von Karma". Normally the letter wouldn't matter, whose he had wouldn't matter if it were normal. No this time it was because of what Franziska was planning to do.

Franziska's letter had clearly stated that she believed that Athena was the traitor and that she was going to take action against her. He wanted to crumple up the letter and burn it. The door to the library opened and someone walked in.