Chapter 28: The Punishment of being careless

*Phoenix's POV*

The scream echoed through the gym, Mia and I watched as Klavier helped Apollo down from the stage and they both made their way behind it. "Do you really think that's where the scream came from?" Mia asked nervously, she glanced around every direction. She was worried something bad had happened to her little sister.

"What happened?!" Athena and Gumshoe came running towards us. "I'm not sure there was a scream and we're trying to figure out where it came from." I informed both of them. "But everyone's okay right pal?" Gumshoe asked us. Athena nodded. "I mean Apollo almost died on stage tonight!" She tried to calm herself down.

"I don't think anything bad happened to anyone." I tried to reassure all of them that everything was going to be okay but Mia interrupted that and made it worse. "If that were true then why did Maya scream?" I sighed. "Look I'm sure it was nothing, no one is dead. Everyone is going to be alright-."

Before I could finish what I was saying the monitor came on interrupting me.

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time has passed the class trial will begin!"

The monitor shut off. We all stared at each other horrified. "Behind the stage?" Gumshoe asked, Mia nodded. "Behind the stage." She repeated.

We all ran behind the stage as fast as we could, once we arrived I laid eyes on the body. I scanned the scene before slowly backing up and tripping over my own two feet. 'No this couldn't be right. How could this happen?' I thought to myself. "This can't be happening. We- We promised." I mumbled to myself.

A few feet away from me, hands tied together, dress soaked to the bone and lying in a puddle of her own blood was the Ultimate Prosecuting Prodigy, Franziska Von Karma. I was shocked, I thought that Franziska would be able to fend off this horrid killing game.

"Oh god Franzy!" Maya sat a few feet away from her new girlfriend sobbing. Mia pulled her into a hug and let Maya cry into shoulder. "What is this commotion? I heard the announcement and I-"

Miles rounded the corner to be met with the horrid scene. "How is this possible?" He started shaking. "We- We PROMISED." Miles said. I picked myself up and swallowed my pride.

I took Miles by the hand and led him away from the crime scene. He seemed shocked at my action. "Look I know I shouldn't have ran away but you and I both know we need to work together to make this right." I said, pacing back and forth. "Does this mean we get to talk about what happened....With the motive letter?" He asked me.

"What? No, this isn't about us." I told him. "It isn't?" He said, puzzled. "No it isn't! This is about working together to seek out the truth. It's about protecting everyone from the wrath of this case's killer!" I said rather loudly, Miles sighed. "Franziska didn't deserve this." He said quietly.

"No one deserves this." I shot back, Miles stayed quiet and I realised who he was thinking about. "No, you have got to be kidding me." I looked at him.

" She threatened you Phoenix, She was pure evil. I think we all would thank Iris for her sacrifice if she were still alive. She got rid of her sister, who would have come after you if she didn't die." He pointed out to me. "We're getting off topic here." I told him. We were both silent, you could hear Maya sobbing from behind the stage. Miles sighed.

"She promised me you know." I tore my gaze away from the stage and looked at him. "Huh?" I was confused, what on earth was he talking about? "After the class trial we went back to classroom 1-B. She promised me that no matter what the next case was, whether it was a case to be prosecuted far away from this horrid place or the murder case of our next friend she promised me that we would work together. But as you may have noticed that won't be happening anytime soon." Miles pinched the bridge of his nose.