Chapter 20 : Who could have guessed?

Hey all another small author's note before you begin (this one is actually important so please read : I don't know if I ever mentioned this but the case Bridge to Turnabout never happened? It's so this story can work. To replace it however Maya and Phoenix still went to the temple to help Maya train but they were only there for 2 days. Phoenix did in fact meet Iris at the temple but no one ever died. Thanks for understanding enjoy the chapter!

*3rd Person's POV*

Godot left the elevator and made his way to the nurse's office. He had broken yet another coffee cup and his poorly bandaged hand was bleeding again. He entered the room and went to find himself a first aid kit. He found what he was looking for almost immediately. Using what he found he managed to wrap his hand quite nicely. With his thoughts swirling around in his head about everything that Dahlia did he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing.

He hissed at the pain that shook him out of his thoughts. The white bandaged was already soaked to the bone with his own red blood. It wasn't like he could see it anyways after all it was red on a white background. Godot laughed at his own injury. "How pathetic am I? I can't even see anything important." It wasn't his fault, afterall if Dahlia Hawthorne hadn't poisoned him all of those years ago he would still be a defence attorney.

He would be able to see! But Dahlia Hawthorne was no more, she was punished for her crimes. Godot exited the nurse's office and entered the hallway. It was quiet, no one was in the halls at this time. Maybe it was because they left earlier than they should.

Then as if the quiet was suffocating it disappeared when someone came sprinting down the hall. Godot had no time to react since whoever it was crashed right into him. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" The person who crashed into him apologized.

Godot was already on his feet and he looked down to see Mia holding her head in pain. "That was quite a sprint there kitten. Are you in a rush to see someone?" Mia looked up and noticed that the person she had run into was Prosecutor Godot. "Oh I've been looking for you actually."

*3rd Person's POV, a bit before*

Mia stood in the elevator with the rest of her "classmates". The elevator ride was quiet, Mia could overhear the conversation her sister and Phoenix were having. Maya made some ridiculous comment which led to her, Phoenix and Klavier laughing. Mia chuckled to herself. She decided that it would be best to concentrate, was it true that Diego really was alive? Sure she had her suspicions that Godot's real name was in fact Diego Armando but she never had enough evidence to prove it.

If he really was Diego, why hadn't he told her when he woke up? Perhaps it was because everyone thought she was dead. But if that were the case he could have at least told her when they got into this mess. Maya leaned over and poked Mia in the shoulder, Mia turned to face her sister. "What's wrong Mia? You have that scary look on your face." Maya poked her sister's cheek. Mia laughed.

"I'm fine, I just need to know something." Mia whispered to Maya. "It's about whether or not Diego's alive right?" Mia looked impressed. "Wow you can think of something other than hamburgers." Mia jokingly said. Maya pouted before giggling. The elevator opened and Maya whispered. "Go for it!" Mia nodded as she walked out.

Her walking sped up to a full sprint. And surprise surprise she bumped right into someone. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" Mia apologized repeatedly. "That was quite a sprint there kitten. Are you in a rush to see someone?" Mia stopped holding her head in pain and looked up to find Godot in front of her. "Actually, it was you I was looking for."

Godot pulled Mia to her feet. "Oh? Is that so? Why could you possibly be looking for me?" Mia dusted herself off. "I think I've figured out who you really are." She said. Godot raised a newly made cup of coffee to his lips and took a sip. "Where did the coffee come from?" Mia raised an eyebrow. Godot shook his head.