Chapter 32: What Side Are You On?!

3rd Person's POV

The courtroom was pretty quiet, that seemed to be happening a lot, recently. The only things you could hear was Miles tapping his finger against his arm and Maya tapping her finger against her podium. Finally Magmakuma spoke up.

"Well things sure have gotten interesting, haven't they?" He said to no one in particular. "Hmm? What am I talking about you ask? Why, the accusations are flying all over the place! It's simply fantastic." He began laughing and Phoenix caught Miles rolling his eyes. "This is a waste of time." Miles whispered under his breath.

Magmakuma continued to fill in the watchers of the outside world. "Now all that's left to know is that will the killer be Ms. Cykes? The one who's be out of line and accusing Klavier of murder without any real evidence all in a pathetic attempt to save her life?" Athena scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Sounds accurate to me." Apollo grumbled. Simon put his hand on the hilt of his katana for what seemed like the fifth time that night. "Watch it Justice-dono, you're on my chopping block now." Simon threatened.

"Could it be the very person she accuses? It wouldn't be hard to pull off, if it is him then all he had to do was get her to trust him. Klavier has done a splendid job of keeping calm so it could very well be him behind that Rockstar smile!" Magmakuma commented.

"Yeah as if." Ema said. "And how do you know that?!" Athena accused. "Look honey, I've worked with him more than you have and I can straight up tell you it's not him. Don't get me wrong I despise him but I'd hate to see him get wrongly accused because that would mean my life too." Ema was cleaning her pink glasses.

"Or could it be someone who has completely evaded capture. And they have been silently watching in the shadows and working behind the scenes to pin everything on these two suspects? We'll find out right now when we-"

"Okay I've heard enough out of you papa bear. What, are you looking for goldie locks? She left a long time ago." Godot said, his smirk showed that he was prepared for the trial once again. "You wanna say that again pal." Magmakuma grumbled as he angrily showed him his paw.

"No thanks, however before we get started the Prosecution has some....... Important business to take care of." Godot told everyone, he swirled his coffee in his cup as Magmakuma tilted his head to the side. "Important business? Wuzzat?" He asked.

"Why don't you shut your trap and let Prosecutor Edgeworth explain it to you. You stupid miniature penguin." Godot muttered annoyed.

"I AM NOT A STUPID PEINGUIN! I AM MAGMAKUMA! YOUR HEADMASTER AND YOU WILL RESPECT ME!!" Magmakuma shouted angrily.

"Yeah, Yeah whatever." Godot said, he motioned to the Prosecution Team who seemed unfazed. Athena had covered her ears and Phoenix had his hand over his face, he looked embarrassed for some reason. Mia seemed to be holding in what looked like a laugh. "Please carry on, Chief Prosecutor." Klavier asked.

"Right, as it is now none of you would trust any argument the prosecution suggests because you are uncertain if you should trust us. And the only way to fix that so that you do trust us, is if the entire Prosecution was cleared of suspicion. Since we can only clear one person using our power the only logical thing to do is clear the one member of the prosecution that is under suspicion."

Miles planned to continue but Mia stopped him. "Hold on Edgeworth, you have completely lost me. The only thing I got out of that is that you want us to trust you and that you guys are using your power. Am I correct?" She asked, she was generally confused about how Miles kept rambling on.

"What Edgeworth-dono means is that we are using our Power to clear Klavier Gavin of suspicion."

"What's this? Do my ears deceive me? Are you finally using the power I gave to you?!" Magmakuma spoke excitedly. "Yes you heard fluffy tissue over there correctly." Godot smiled while motioning to Edgeworth.