Chapter 34 : Wait....... What?

A/N: I am so incredibly SORRY for the 1 year delay, so much shit has happened it's not even funny. The biggest delay was I lost my best friend who was my biggest motivator for this story so I lost all motivation. BUT Nevertheless I am back with the longest chapter I have ever written so please leave you comments so I know you still are here and care TwT. I love you guys with all my heart and I am BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!!! Enjoy :) 

***********************************************************************************************

Phoenix's POV

"What did you just say?" I asked, my hands had tightly gripped my podium. I felt unprepared, like I was being thrusted into the final battle without any preparations of any sort. "Er- Nick? Who was that directed too?" Maya asked me, it was then that it came to me that I said it out loud and directed at no one. I shook my head, now isn't the time to get myself worked up over nothing. I took a deep breath regaining my calm composure.

"Tell me how you knew that the hatch in the gym is directly connected to classroom 2-B where Franziska was in fact killed, if you didn't even know the existence of the hatch in the first place, Simon Blackquill?" I accused, pointing my finger directly at him.

Everyone who wasn't in my lobby during the recess, was shocked, some couldn't believe it. I mean it was pretty shocking news. Who would think that even Simon would kill someone, it was enough to make even me want to give up. The only ones who remained calm were Godot who still possessed a coffee cup in his hand and Simon himself.

"H-Hang on a minute, Simon's the killer all of the sudden? What kind of evidence led you to that conclusion? It's just not possible!" Athena asked. "Now wait there for a second Blight. How can we know for sure if he's the killer if we don't even know if 2-B is indeed the scene of crime? So why don't you present some evidence." Godot asked. "If you even have any that is." I smirked.

"You want evidence? Well I have a ton of it! To start off Simon was right on the mark, the hatch leads directly to classroom 2-B." Before I could continue I was stopped. "Okay Trite, I'll play your game. Let's say she was killed in 2-B, how do you suppose Prosecutor Blackquill got her body to her gym?" Godot asked me. "Wouldn't it be logical to use the secret passage that connects to the hatch?" I answered, it was only then did I feel my confidence drop as Godot still held a playful smirk on his face.

"Why don't you tell me, actually.... Let's walk through this together shall we?" Godot said. "Okay?" I answered. "Answer me this Trite, if the killer really did use the hatch's secret passage then we agree that when you investigated, it led directly to the gym?" He asked again. "Well that is what I just said no?" I clarified, feeling a bit annoyed I managed to push aside any building frustration to allow Godot to continue.

"Then we agree that Prosecutor Blackquill would have to carry Ms. Von Karma's body all the way to the gym, come out of the hatch and then set everything up correct?" I nodded. "Yeah that sounds just about right." I responded, something seemed off with the way he was asking these questions, it was like he somehow knew something I didn't, but what could it be?

"Heh, good then tell me....... When you walked through the secret passage did you see any blood?" My eyes widened. Suddenly it was like the mist surrounding these odd questions had cleared away to reveal their true intentions. I tried to keep a calm composure but when I spoke I only sounded unsure of myself. "Well no but-" I was immediately cut off by him.

"Then that settles it, the crime scene was the gym and there was no possible way for anyone to move the body, ergo- Simon is not the killer." He finished. I slammed my podium in defeat, how could I let this happen?I felt so humiliated, how could I have sounded so confident in my answer without even checking the facts or evidence to back it up? But I was so sure that this was the right way .... I mean all of the evidence does point to it, so what was missing from the picture?