Chapter 17: Our final goodbyes

*Phoenix's POV*

"Correct! The person who murdered Dahlia Hawthorne was her very own sister Iris Hawthorne!" Magmakuma screeched. We all gathered in front of Magmakuma's throne to discuss whatever we could before Iris's time was up.

"Can I ask what happened between you and Dahlia that night?" I asked Iris.

"Well it's exactly as you theorized, I wrote a note to my sister and that night we met up. The rest................"

*Flashback*

*3rd Person's POV*

The door to classroom 1-B's storage closet opened, Dahlia had walked in to see her sister sitting on a cardboard box waiting for her. "You wanted to talk to me?" Dahlia asked her sister. Iris could only nod as she stood up opposite to Dahlia. "You're late." Iris remarked.

"Well I'm here now, what is it." Dahlia spat out. "Well I wished to discuss our past if that's alright with you." Dahlia rolled her eyes. "It's in the past for a reason what does it have to do with our current situation?" Iris's look of determination stayed there and Dahlia's patients were wearing low. "It has to do with Feenie." Dahlia laughed.

"You're still not over him?" Iris directed her gaze to the ground. "Of course not! He's still in love with me. I can see it in his eyes!" Dahlia twirled her parasol.

"Darling if you think Phoenix is still in love with you then get some glasses." Iris shook her head. "He does! Magmakuma's disease is just blinding him." Dahlia laughed again. "He isn't even one of the sick participants! But If it really bothers you that much you know the only way to stop it is to commit murder."

Iris lowered her head. "I know..." Dahlia turned her back to her getting ready to leave the closet. "Well if that's all you wished to discuss then I'm out of here good talk." Dahlia waved but something inside Iris told her that no matter what she did she couldn't let her leave. Iris sprung into action grabbing Dahlia's scarf and wrapping it around her sister's neck.

"Tell me, why did you commit all those sins? You knew I was in love with Phoenix so tell me why?" Iris was crying. "I-I-I can't.....breath." Iris didn't let go. "Why did you betray me? Why would you threaten him now?"

"ANSWER ME."

When Dahlia didn't answer her, Iris let go and Dahlia fell limp to the floor. Iris panicked. "Hey Dahlia, come on this isn't funny! Wake up. Please, wake up." No matter how much Iris begged Dahlia didn't move.

"I can't get caught! I must remove the note with my name! I can get away with this." Iris quickly made her way out of classroom 1-B and headed for the kitchen to dispose of the note getting rid of any evidence that connected her to the murder.

*Flashback end*

*Phoenix's POV*

"How do we know you really are the killer?" Ema asked. Iris rummaged through her pocket before pulling out a small piece of paper. She handed it to Apollo. "Here you go if you match it with the note found in the kitchen it should fit perfectly."

Apollo lined the paper up with the one from the evidence. "It's a perfect match." He declared. Iris smiled brightly. "I'm glad! Now you all can survive and live on without me." She was smiling even though her eyes said otherwise.

"Iris, why? Why would you?" Maya couldn't even finish her sentence before she broke into tears. "Mystic Maya, please don't cry. I'll tell you why." Maya dried her tears. "I had to eliminate my sister or she was going to kill Phoenix." Iris said.

"She would have WHAT?" Miles yelled.

Iris didn't answer him and continued with what she was saying. "Also, a few nights ago she attacked Mia Fey in her room." The sound of shattering glass could be heard throughout the courtroom. I turned around to see Godot broke another coffee cup.

"That little... I knew it was her." Godot growled. "In any case that isn't the only reason I did it, the other reason is Miles Edgeworth."

"What? me?" Iris nodded. "Well more specifically it had to do with Magmakuma's disease."

"I don't think I understand." I told her. "Well I wanted to protect you! You and I are made for each other Feenie." I shook my head.

"Iris I think you misread the situation, I don't have feelings for you." I told her. "What? You don't? No! I refuse to believe that! You're still under the illusion of the disease aren't you! This is your fault." Iris yelled pointing at Miles.

"What? How is it my fault?" Miles asked. "Well if you hadn't forced yourself on him then he would still love me!"

"What?!" I yelled.

"I don't think.. That would be the case?" I looked to Miles and he looked disappointed in himself. Don't tell me he believes her! "How could you say such a thing to my brother!" Franziska shouted. "Franziska don't." Miles interrupted her. , "You don't understand, back in university. You never dated Dahlia, in fact you had only met her twice so it was me! It was me you loved and you still do, I know it!"

I shook my head at her. "I'm sorry Iris, I don't. I'm not sure what gave you the idea but I got over you a long time ago." Iris was trembling with rage. "NO! This is Miles Edgeworth's fault! I can't believe that he would be so selfish to have you fooled! Don't listen to him Feenie, listen to me." She placed her hand on my arm and I moved away from her.

"I told you this is your fault! If you didn't exist this would have never happened and Feenie and I would live happily ever after!" She yelled towards Miles. "Hate to break it to you sweety, life isn't a fairytale." Godot told her, he wasn't aware of the blood dripping from his hand. Iris turned back towards Edgeworth.

"I hope you're miserable, I hope you have a life filled with despair because you deserve it. I hope you die a miserable horrible death. In fact, I hope you die in a fire." Franziska looked ready to kill a bitch and Simon spoke up from a dark corner. "Your empty threats mean nothing to us, you have everything coming towards you. You are unworthy of the sword life has granted to you. Instead of a polished sword you will be given chains that will hold you down."

We were left speechless as Iris was still glaring at Edgeworth.

"So are you guys done talking yet?" Magmakuma asked impatiently. "Iris." I called out to her. She turned to face me.

"Whether or not the disease was put into place, I still wouldn't have had feelings for you. Because there's someone else that I-." I couldn't finish my sentence when Iris held her hand in front of my face.

"I have nothing left to say to you Phoenix Wright." Iris faced away from me. "Magmakuma I am ready for your punishment now." Magmakuma jumped up from his throne.

"Very well then I've prepared a very special punishment for Iris Hawthorne the Ultimate spirit Trainor! Now let's give it everything We've got, it's punishment time!!!!!" 

*********************************************************************************************