Chapter 24 : My big announcement

Heyo I'm not dead I promise, sorry for the late late post but school has been eating up all my time so I couldn't write anything but anyway enjoy this chapter I've decided to keep the last chapter so here have this little treat but now that school is over I will be able to write and post more often. - Mandy

*Phoenix's POV*

The morning announcements went off with the bear being as annoying as usual. I groaned, I felt so tired. It wasn't surprising seeing as I couldn't sleep at all last night, just the thought of someone else running around with my motive letter scared me. Not only that but with Magmakuma switching our letters, who knows how many times he will switch them until someone dies.

I sat up from the uncomfortable desk. Who knew I would miss the dorms so much, with Magmakuma fixing the dorms there was nowhere to sleep but the classrooms. "Good morning everyone!" Maya chirped. She was like a morning bird here to wake everyone up. "Good morning Ms. Maya." Franziska replied to her.

"We should head to breakfast before it gets too late." Mia cut into their conversation, Maya nodded and I got up. "You guys go ahead, I think I'll get breakfast later." Miles said. "As much as I hate to agree with my foolish brother, he's right I'm not hungry." Franziska said.

Maya puffed her cheeks out, it was something she did when she got angry. "Oh no we are not doing this again!" Maya yelled. "Do you know how many people were at breakfast yesterday? Only 5 and we got lucky that Apollo even showed up!" Mia put a hand on her sister's shoulder to calm her down, it seemed to be working. "Is this about our motive letters?" I asked them.

"I don't know about my brother but that certainly is the reason for me." Franziska crossed her arms. "How do you face everyone when you don't even know who has your letter? They know all of our secrets now Phoenix. It will be hard to face the group." Miles didn't even look at us.

"But you didn't know if one of us had your letter and you still trusted us. And besides you can't forget that you know someone's secret too. We're all in the same boat together, Edgeworth. So please at least come to breakfast." Mia tried to reason with them. It worked and they reluctantly agreed to follow us.

We reached the dining hall and we weren't surprised to find that we were the only ones there. Eventually there were people who decided to join us, Apollo sat next to me and he seemed rather cheerful this morning.

"Good morning Mr. Wright, there seems to be a lot more of us here today." I nodded. "You seem a lot happier today, did something good happen?" I asked him. "You could say that." He replied. There were some stragglers that wandered in. And finally Athena and Gumshoe walked in dragging Angel and Jake with them. "What did you want us here for?" Angel asked, annoyed.

"Finally everyone's here!" Athena beamed, ignoring Angel's question. I looked to my right to see Apollo looking around worriedly. "Hold on, Thena Klavier isn't here." He said. Athena put a hand to her chin. "About that, I looked everywhere for him so that everyone could be here when I made the announcement but I couldn't find him anywhere!" She said, Apollo looked more worried than before.

"I'm sure it's nothing, the kid never showed up in the past few days anyway." Godot commented. "No, that can't be right. He wasn't showing because of me, but we fixed that so why?" Apollo whispered. He stood up from his seat. "Excuse me." He said leaving the dining hall, he looked petrified.

"What's his problem?" Ema asked. "I'm not sure but I'll make the announcement anyway. Hey boss, could let Apollo know the details later?" I nodded assuring her that I would get it done. "Well, Detective Gumshoe and I noticed that ever since the class trial everyone hasn't been feeling very positive so we came up with an amazing idea. It's mandatory so you have to attend!"