Chapter 15 : Vote now?

Author's note will be at the end, I'm so so sorry this is very very late so you can expect at least 3 chapters today.
********************************************

*Phoenix's POV*

We all stood in the courtroom in silence. No one knew what to say, I noticed the tension between some of the prosecutors but I didn't ask. I figured that something must have happened during the recess to make it this awkward. "Well what are you waiting for Phoenix Wright? You wished to talk about the murder weapon, then allow me to present my thoughts on the matter." Franziska smugly said to me.

"My very thorough investigation has revealed that no murder weapon was found at the scene. Furthermore the cause of death is not specified in the autopsy report, with all of this to consider I can safely conclude that the culprit got rid of the murder weapon to hide the evidence." Franziska leaned against her podium rather confidently.

"Are you sure they got rid of the evidence?" I asked her. She made a confused face before she shook her finger at me. "But of course, a Von Karma is nothing less than perfect in their investigations." I shook my head at her. "I hate to break it to you but I can clearly tell you what the weapon was from the crime scene photo alone!" Franziska looked shocked.

"You can't be serious!?" She slammed her fist against her podium. "I hate to break it to you Franziska but I too, can tell you what the weapon used in this crime was." Miles pointed his finger at her. "Well if you're so sure what the weapon is, why don't you enlighten all of us with some evidence Phoenix Wright!" She extended her arm.

"Gladly!" I looked at Edgeworth and he nodded at me. "Before I do however, I'd like for you to answer me a question." She looked annoyed but I proceeded nonetheless. "Do you remember how the victim would normally wear her scarf ?" Franziska didn't answer me.

"I believe my sister wore it around her arms, like a shall." Iris spoke up. "What? What does this have to do with the murder weapon?" Miles shook his head. "Be patient Franziska, you'll get your answer soon. Ms. Hawthorne, did your sister wear her scarf any other way throughout her entire life?" Miles asked. Iris shook her head.

"No, I don't believe she did." I smiled, this was definitely the right answer. "Then I would all like you to take another look at the crime scene photo, do you notice anything off?" The courtroom was silent for a moment. "What the? The scarf is around her neck?" Ema pulled her pink tinted glasses over her eyes while staring at the image.

"Would you care to answer me why someone who wore their scarf around their arms their entire life suddenly decided to wear it around their neck?" I ask everyone. "Well m-maybe the killer wanted to hide something. Have you considered that possibility Phoenix Wright?" Franziska suddenly had her confidence back. "It's a possibility, but without evidence that's all it is." Godot claimed, taking a sip of his coffee.

"You can't seriously be telling me that you think this scarf is the murder weapon? Is that what you're implying Wright-dono?" Simon asked me. "It's quite possible actually." Miles fired back.

"What do you think you're doing Miles Edgeworth? Are you perhaps doing the defence's job?" Franziska asked her brother in a threatening tone. Miles shook his head confidently. "Franziska, I'm doing exactly what you advised me to do. That is all." They were both glaring at each other. "Very well brother, if you wish to play defence attorney then perhaps you can tell us the cause of death?" The tension in the room was heavy.

"Nothing would make me happier." Miles said under his breath. "If the scarf truly is the murder weapon then one can only assume that the cause of death would be strangulation." Franziska hit her podium twice. "You don't have evidence that the scarf is the murder weapon ! It's just speculation." Franziska protested.