Chapter Twenty Seven

(A/N: Alright, this chapter is more of a look into Jake's thoughts and feelings. Obviously, Lenne and Jake have grown close but, now you get to really see his way of thinking and the way he sees her now)

Jake's POV

      At the moment, we are at lunch and in front of me is the most natural person I have seen. Lately, it seems like the only thing visible to me is the life in her eyes or the small flutter of her eyelashes when someone says something that bothers her. Her laugh is so small and loud at the same time, somehow drawing attention to her lips. Jesus, her lips go 100 miles per hour when she's anxious but, I never get tired of hearing her. She's so easily wrapped into her own world, her emotion and thoughts being only some of the pieces of the puzzle I have yet to complete.

      I don't know what it is about her anymore. Maybe it's the way that nothing else matters when we're talking, or how she makes me smile more than others have. It could be the way she says the right thing at exactly the right time. But, whatever it is, it has made me fall for her every day. The weird thing is I didn't even see this coming. It's funny because it genuinely surprised me.

      "What's on your mind?" Her voice snapped me out of my daze. Her bright blue eyes were on me and her small nose was wrinkled, making me smile a bit. The curiosity in her eyes only grew once I shrugged, and turned towards Mateo who was giving me a knowing smile. I simply rolled my eyes and ate another one of my fries. Jaqueline was going on about how the guy she went on a date with on Sunday accidentally spilled soda on her and they ended up going to his place to watch American Horror Story. "So basically, Netflix and chill?" Matteo teased, wiggling his eyebrows. Jaqueline rolled her eyes and ignored him, getting frustrated when he didn't stop wiggling his eyebrows. As usual, he has to at least mock one of the girls to, according to him, keep our circle "fresh". It was funny but, on Monday, he ended up getting hit by Lenne's locker when he tried to scare her. Jaqueline scoffed and decided to retaliate with something that truly did shut him up.

      "I wouldn't be talking because when we went to drop Cathy off at her school before we came over here, you were flirting with her the whole time. Little did you know that you were blushing and basically stumbling over your breathing." She said in a snarky tone, taking a sip of her water bottle. Mateo's face went red, even his ears turning a dark pink color. I chuckled and turned towards Lenne who was smiling and eating her salad in silence. You could tell she had something on her mind but, she didn't say anything. Out of curiosity, I decided to test my luck and actually ask her what she was thinking about. "What's on your mind?" I questioned, gulping down the last bit of my Gatorade. Her eyes shifted towards me and her lips perked up into a small, egotistical smirk. Basically, she made the same face I make at her when I'm trying to make her mad or annoyed.

      "Oh, nothing at all," She mumbled, shrugging and looking past me at Jaqueline. Alright, so she just basically gave me the same response I gave her. Good, fine. Two can play at that game. "Ok," I said nonchalantly, turning back to look at Mateo who was tapping away on his phone. He's either in a heated argument with his younger sister because he's an overprotective asshole, or he's texting Cathy. Considering his sister is grounded because of him, I'm assuming it's Cathy. To piss him off, I snatch his phone out of his hands and begin to look through his messages and read them out loud.

      "'I had so much fun at the fair. Maybe we should go out again sometime. You are honestly really cool'" I mocked, knowing that isn't what the message said but, it was still funny to see him get all annoyed. The girls were trying to stifle their laughter by biting their lip and covering their mouth but, you could they were ready to burst into a fit of giggles. He was turning red once again, only, this time, anger and annoyance was written all over his facial features. "That's not cool," He grumbled, snatching the phone out of my hands and scrolling through it, looking up every ten seconds. Finally, the girls and I couldn't keep our laughter at bay and we all busted out laughing. Jacqueline actually going as far as accidentally spitting out her water, spraying it all over an annoyed Mateo. As we laughed, though, the only thing I could focus on was Lenne and the little details of her face when she laughed. Honestly, I think I might be falling in love with this girl and that could cause a lot of problems, mostly because falling in love with her means giving up control. And it isn't control over situations or my personal life, but my dreams and thoughts and emotions. It's scary because, if this grows, it'll eventually consume. It's scary because eventually I'll have to let her know. It's scary because I've never loved someone like this before.

All Rights Reserved

Your welcome for the peeks into the very much infatuated mind of Jake. Personally, I think I do pretty good at wording his attraction and growing feelings but that might just be me, you know? Anyways, you know, as always, I will forever appreciate the feedback and adoring comments because you guys shape this book. I write it, yes. But you, my amazing Peach Family, are ones who motivate the hell out of me until I say 'Fine. I'll update'. I only have two more chapters to edit before I'm ready to post the new chapter so get ready to be happy! I love you guys so much Peaches and I hope that your skin clears, someone gives you a compliment, your dinner is absolutely awesome and that the person you are currently crushing on has the wisdom to see your beautiful soul. -Aime