Chapter Twenty Eight

      Halfway into the week and we all decide to go roller skating. We invited Cathy and Jacqueline invites her cute boy toy track runner. Jake had been acting weird the whole week the whole week and honestly, I didn't know how to be around him without getting all nervous or a bit tongue tied. Lately, I've been reading Pablo Neruda books my mom got me and listening to songs to learn on the piano and every fucking one of them reminds me of him.

      "Lenne you can't avoid him forever you know? You'll have to talk to him at some point. I mean, take advantage of it, dude, like he's usually an arrogant asshole to everyone." Jaqueline said chuckling and drinking her strawberry and banana milkshake, Cathy nodding and agreeing with her as she ate her chili fries. The boys had decided to leave us alone so we could have girl talk while they had 'bro talk'. I rolled my eyes and sighed, looking at the roller rink from our table. Out on the hardwood floor, I saw Jake skating around with Mateo and Christian, talking and him winking at the swooning girls just waiting for him to look their way. The dark atmosphere with all the multicolored lights was supposed to be fun and relaxed, but to me, it was just rushed and stuffy. I got up, leaving Jaqueline and Cathy snacking and texting on their phones. They were so entranced with those things they didn't even notice I left, I bet you.

      Skating on the smooth neon and black colored carpet to the food bar, I pulled my wallet out from my back pocket. The overly perky cashier quickly took my order and starting pouring my cherry ICEE into the oversized cup. The blonde eagerly placed it on the counter and before I could take out the money from my wallet, a large hand placed a $10 bill on the counter, grabbed my ICEE and wrapped an arm around my waist. Of course that when I felt the goosebumps and heard the familiar egotistical, husky voice, I knew it was no one other than Jake. Of course.

      "Gonna continue avoiding me Baby Girl? What did I do this time if you don't mind me asking?" he asked the smirk on his face evident thanks to the tone in his voice. I mentally rolled my eyes and reached out to try and grab my ICEE that was still in his hand. Just I was about to snatch my frozen treat, he held it farther from my grasp and chuckled slightly at my slight annoyance and complete embarrassment. I looked up at him and glared, my lips pouting and arms crossed over my chest. He chuckled again and walked over to the table Jaqueline was sitting at. He placed my ICEE down but didn't let go of my waist. Instead, he led us out to the skating rink and before I knew it, he was behind me, holding my waist and skating. My cheeks quickly went a pinkish tint of red and I was still pouting, but now rather than crossing my arms, I holding onto his bicep for dear life. Butterflies had erupted in my stomach and honestly I felt like my heart was about to leap out of my chest. That's just the effect he has on me.

      "Baby Girl if you don't stop pouting, I'll have to kiss that silent tantrum of yours away," he whispered in my ear, his hot breath fanning my neck. The goosebumps came back and another blush was slowly creeping its way up my neck. I tried to get out of his grip, but he pulled me back into his embrace and shook his head in amusement. The song had ended and I thought he would let me go until Little Do You Know by Alex & Sierra came on. In that instant, the lights went dim and I was spun around to look at him. His eyes, they held so much. I swore I could get lost in them, but being the carefully stupid person I am, I went to look away. Before I could turn my face to look over at the girls at the table, I heard his strained voice speak up and felt his fingers interlaced with mine.

      "Please don't look away," he said softly, and I heard the want and pleading in his voice. I looked up at him and he was already looking at me. We were still skating. He was skating forward while I skated backward. It didn't matter, though. For once, I felt like everything and everyone went still. Even though we could feel the eyes of basically everyone, I knew he wasn't going to let go. 

      Clearly, if anyone was going to pull away, it was going to be me because he showed no intent of letting me go that easily. I wanted to look away so badly, forget the way he looked at me or the way he was holding me, but I couldn't. As the song slowly came to an end, I looked down and slipped my hands out of his. I didn't even get a chance to turn around before he grabbed the back of my head and smashed his lips to mine. It was slow and filled with a million of different emotions. Anxiety. Passion. Confusion. Frustration. And much more. And there we stood, his hands holding the side of my face and mine on his arms, both of us entranced in one confusion filled kiss. All that was on my mind was the thought of me falling in love with him. I hope that I don't fall in love with him. Please don't let me fall in love with him.

All Rights Reserved

They finally kissed! Yay? I guess. Honestly, I didn't change a lot for this chapter because well it's basically the same just with grammar and some plot edits. You know me and my weird need to make things sound better than they already do. Ok, so at my school we had this Spring Festival thing to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and since I'm the Student Council president I had to work. Well, I volunteered to help the theater arts students with their booth and little did I know it was a Pie In The Face Booth. Basically, I got smacked with a crap load of freaking whipped cream and it got stuck in my hair and yeah no, not fun. -Aime