Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

      "Come on. Cookies and Cream milkshakes are way better than M&M milkshakes." I argued, pointing at my own milkshake. We were in a booth across from each other, making fun of each other's choices in food and drinks. It started when he began to pick on the type of burger I wanted and how picky I was with my bacon. It's not my fault that I hate when bacon isn't super crispy (A/N: Does anyone else agree? I hate soggy, floppy bacon like it needs to be nice and crispy for me to eat it. Bleh.)

      "You're delusional. Clearly my milkshake is better. The M&Ms get all hard and weird when they're put in the ice cream for the milkshake." Jake countered back, rolling his eyes and taking a sip of his creamy drink. His eyes were lit up and his lips were pulled into a smile.Taking a sip of my on, I waited to respond to his unreasonable argument. "Um no. I haven't tried Cookies and Cream and I don't want to. I'll stick with the best type of milkshake, thank you very much." I sassily responded, looking down at the table and taking another sip of my milkshake. I looked up to see Jake staring at me in shock. I reached up and rubbed my face, just in case I had something on it. When I finished wiping the imaginary whipped cream off my face, I looked up to find Jake chuckling at my actions. "You haven't tried Cookies and Cream? Lord bless your poor soul." He said in a mock remorseful voice, beckoning me to come sit on his side of the booth. "Come here child and let me show you the best thing on earth." He mumbled, holding out his milkshake once I sat next to him. I scrunched up my face and backed up a little bit. He laughed and held it out to me once again.

      "If you don't like it, I'll admit that the M&M milkshake is the best. Now drink up." Jake smiled. I sighed and leaned in to take a sip of his milkshake when all of the sudden the straw wasn't there anymore, but Jake's lips. His lips met mine and I swear that part of me as screaming to pull away but the other insisted on staying by his side. He tasted of vanilla and his lips were cold from him drinking the milkshake but, oddly I didn't actually care. I didn't know kisses could be like that. Almost as a jolt of electricity was being shot into your being and lightning was tearing down yourself defenses along with your self-control. It could seem like nothing, maybe even was nothing but, it felt like the world slowed. The things were that it felt like he craved kissing me for the longest, just like I did to kiss him. When he pulled back, our breaths mixed, the chill of the cold from drinks no longer there due to the warmth of our mouths. That moment as filled silence but, it wasn't a silence either of us wanted to break. "Do you know how long I've wanted to do that?" He breathed, grabbing my hand and resting his forehead on mine.

      "Good. This is gonna feel right." I mumbled, before grabbing his face and kissing him again. Our lips moved in sync and when we came up to breathe, he only chuckled slightly and kissed my forehead. "Ok. Let's do this right. Will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?" Jake asked with hopeful eyes, his thumb making circular patterns on my knuckles. I laughed softly and smiled. "Jake, this could probably not work. I'm very, messed up. You've seen that. Not only that but, I have a lot of dark cloud in my past that I need to get rid of before I actually want to give myself to someone. My heart isn't whole yet. I realize that now. If I'm gonna let someone be with me, I want to be able to give them a person who isn't broken and breaking down at all times. Can we just please go home?" I said sadly, messing with my hands, not meeting Jake's eyes.

      "Um, yeah sure." He responded, not bothering to saying anything more. I scooted out of the booth and quickly made my way out of the malt shop, Jake behind me. The click of the car doors sounded, signaling that he had unlocked them and without another word we both got in. The 15-minute drive back to the house felt like the most painfully slow thing in the world. We didn't talk or even glance each other's way and honestly, I felt guilty. Once we were home, we went our separate ways, just like when he first moved in. We acted as if we didn't notice each other and honestly that was the worst part. It was terrible because I didn't want to be angry at myself for something I didn't know was possible till about an hour ago. He walked away from me so quickly and so unfazed that the only thought that came to me was, I think I love him.

All Rights Reserved

I'm guessing the kiss was a total fangirl moment until she rejected him and then you guys were all like 'I'm gonna kill her in her sleep'. Peaches, no killing this poor author in her sleep por favor. Then I wouldn't be able to write the rest of this beautiful idea out for you guys. I hope I didn't take too long to update after finishing editing but, I sorta had a brain breakdown considering all I've been doing and writing because like, why not just overwork myself you know? School, dance, and track are pretty much killing me slowly but, all in all, I'll survive hopefully until it's time to update again next week. Since tomorrow is Good Friday for you guys who believe in God (nothing against those who don't), I hope you have an amazing Easter and that your weekend and family is blessed. I'll be updating next Friday most likely so stay tuned Peaches. I love you guys and have a great weekend. -Aime