Chapter Two

Chapter Two

(A/N: At some point the chapter will shift to Jake's POV)

Without, a second thought I kept walking, hoping that he'd give up and just leave me alone for once. Just when I thought that I had gotten away with walking away from Jake, I felt a strong grip on my forearm. Letting out a sigh, I turned around meeting his intense eyes that were currently giving me a 'try-me' look. 

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked me with one of his flirty but, dangerous smirks. This boy was gorgeous and scary all at the same time. His eyes spoke danger, adventure and the fact that he can break your heart without trying. 

"I was just going to put my stuff in my locker Jake. I'll give you your stupid homework when I'm done doing what I need to do." I sneered at him, rolling my eyes and pulling my arm free from his death grip. Annoyance was noticeable on his face, for Jake hates situations he can't control.

"Not so fast. I need that homework now. So hand it over and we won't have a problem" he all but growled at me with a glare. His tone caught the surrounding people's attention and before I know it we had about 50 pairs of eyes on us. 

"No way. I have things to do that don't involve you. It's not my problem that you don't know how to do your own work." I snarled out in a menacing tone, my fists clenching at my sides. I could practically feel the people around us take in a sharp breath for what would happen next. Before he could even say anything, I turned around and began to walk away again. 

"You can't just walk away from me!" he barked out, yanking my backpack backward and sending me tumbling to the floor. My back hit the floor and I hissed out in pain, a bunch of curse words spilling out of my mouth.

Tears were pricking my eyes but, before I even began to cry I stood up and ran into the girl's restroom. Slamming the door behind me, I took in a deep breath, swallowing the words I wanted to scream out and the tears I wanted to let out. As I looked in the mirror, Jaqueline came barreling into the restroom with a scowl on her face and wide arms for a hug. I ran into her arms and hugged her with a sigh. Just another day in hell.

The day had gone by slowly and by the time it was time to go home Jaqueline had already left with a mystery boy who gave her a lift. She had texted me 8th period that she didn't need a ride and that she'd see me tomorrow. By the time I got to my car, I was already irritated and ready to push someone into a ditch. 

"Mamí! I'm home!" I shouted as I walked into the house, dropping my keys on the glass table next to the stairs. María, our "maid", who was really more of another grandmother to me, walked out of the kitchen wiping her hands on her apron. Her eyes radiated warmth and happiness as she walked over to me and hugged me with a smile. 

"Míja she's waiting for you at Carrabba's with Katia, you know that Italian restaurant that you guys go to on Sundays? She said to dress nicely because you're meeting one of her co-directors for the new branch in New York and Philadelphia and her son," she said with a smile before walking back to kitchen humming some tune. 

"Gracias María!" I yelled after her but, she just waved me off and continued dancing while rolling the dough for a pie or cookies I would presume. I rolled my eyes playfully and stomped up the stairs loudly just to annoy her.

I basically ran into my bedroom and jumped onto my bed like a freaking seastar. The blue of my walls soothed me and my fluffy black and red sheets made me happy to be home. I padded over to my closet and looked through the dresses that were in the back of my closet. The dress was a simple and honestly, made me feel quite confident after today's events. I slipped my feet into a pair of gold strappy heels and put on a golden metallic choker. Grabbing my golden clutch, I put my phone and my debit card away safely. My hair was wavy and getting on my nerves but, I gave up so I simply left it down. Grabbing my keys before I walked out the door, I yelled bye to María and unlocked the door. I slid into the driver's seat and drove to the best Italian restaurant in the world according to me.