Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

      "So you mean to tell us that he kissed you, bought you food and you still rejected the poor guy?" Cathy exclaimed, throwing her dog Pillow Pet (A/N: I'm not even ashamed to admit that I still have my bumble bee Pillow Pet cause like why not?) into the air. When she got to my house, Jacqueline was already there and together we made fun of her childishness. It was Friday night and thankfully, I had managed to make it through the rest of the week with the least amount of awkward run-ins with Jake in a real long time.

      "Forget the rejection. Is he a good kisser? Considering this time you didn't run off." Jaqueline questioned, raising an eyebrow and getting a spoonful out of the tub of ice cream in my lap. I sighed and finished eating what was on my spoon before nodding and responding. "Yes, I did reject him and no, I don't regret it. But sweet baby Jesus, he's such a good kisser like I felt something. I don't know what but, it was intense." I said lowly, not looking up to meet their eyes. The silence was quickly taken over by a fit of giggles and a couple of teasing 'oohs'. My face, of course, went red and I threw my pillow at them with as much force as I could, only making them laugh even more.

      "Ok. Ok. Fine. But are you, at least, considering ever letting that wall of yours down? Like we're the only ones who know everything and you know we accept you. Lenne, you aren't some broken toy to be rejected and cast aside. Stop seeing yourself as that. Everyone has a past for God's sake. He probably has one too." Cathy argued, throwing her hands up in the air for emphasis. She honestly wasn't wrong but, it was more the whole idea of him and I. We live together and if it doesn't work what am I supposed to do? Call my mom and say 'Hey, Jake and I dated. It didn't work. He's moving out. Love you.'? Plus, I don't want to get myself into something I've never actually, truly had before, but even then it's hard to deny that I'm falling for him.

      "Look, I don't know how things are going to work out. All I know is that I just don't want to think anymore and I need to get out of this house. I need a distraction." I mumbled, scooping up more ice cream and rolling my eyes while I ate it. I looked up and saw Jaqueline smirking and rummaging through her purse that was by her side. Cathy and I gave each other looks of confusion and stared at Jaqueline with shock when she pulled out three fake I.Ds. One had a picture of me, another of Cathy, and finally, one had Jaqueline's smirking face. I gaped at her and she finally smirked and spoke up. "Okay. So I had these made cause like it's gonna be Lenne's birthday in like two months and she's turning 18 so why not? Come on, May 27 isn't that far off right?" Jaqueline winked. She had a point, though, my birthday as only about 2 months or so and I was finally going to be considered an adult. I smirked along with her and stood up, looking down at my Cookie Monster pajamas.

      "Good point, but we can't go to a club in this can we?" I said with a wink and then taking off to go to my closet. In there I pulled out three outfits that I personally had never worn out of the house or even out of the dressing room I tried them on in. "Take your pick between these two because this is what I'm wearing," I said, laying my outfit out on the bed. I showed them the two options and neither of them argued for either one. They each wanted the ones I had originally picked for them. Cathy went with a light grey-pink crop top with a long white flowy skirt with a slit down the right leg.  

      Jaqueline, on the other hand, got excited over a black mini dress, with a skater skirt type flow and a deep plunge neckline

      Jaqueline, on the other hand, got excited over a black mini dress, with a skater skirt type flow and a deep plunge neckline. While they got themselves ready, I went into the closet and got dressed. I didn't feel like wearing a dress so, I put on a white tank crop top, and so black legging material high waisted pants. I finished off my look with some beige pumps and an accented necklace. Me being the lazy person I am, I didn't feel like curling or straightening my hair so, I made a simple fishtail braid. When I walked out of the closet, I found Cathy had curled her hair and Jaqueline had hers in a high ponytail.

      "You ready for the distraction?" Jaqueline smirked, winking at me and giving me a thumbs up on my outfit

      "You ready for the distraction?" Jaqueline smirked, winking at me and giving me a thumbs up on my outfit. Smiling, I unplugged my phone from beside my bed, grabbed my black clutch and stuffed my debit card in there. Tonight, nothing is on my mind. I can worry later.

      We pulled up to this dark building with a bright neon sign that read 'Rave' in an odd font. My hands were sweating once we got closer to the door for fear of getting caught trying to sneak into a club. Technically, I'm still underage.

      "Lighten up or they'll know you don't belong here, love." Cathy chuckled, running a hand through her hair and pulling out her fake I.D. She winked at the bouncer and before we knew it, all three of us were in. The place was loud, dark, humid, and smelled of alcohol and licorice. We looked around for a bit until we noticed a couple of seats open up at the bar. Striding over, we took our seats and hopped onto three bar stools. The bartender turned around and stared at us expectantly, waiting for us to make our choice. "I'll have vodka on the rocks, the brunette will have Brandy with coke and this innocent young thing will have her first two shots of tequila," Jacqueline spoke expertly. Cathy turned to her and high-fived her with a wink. The bartender turned around and started to get what Jaqueline ordered and when he was done he placed them on the counter. Before we could grab them, he shook his head and put his finger up.

      "I need I.D. ladies." He said sounding annoyed. We rolled our eyes and pulled out the fake I.Ds, showing them to him and then taking our drinks. I then handed him my debit card to pay for the drinks. The girls and I looked at each other and I took my first shot. The liquor burned down my throat and honestly, it was a good burn. Cathy cheered and smiled, drinking hers along with Jacqueline and that's how the night started off.

All Rights Reserved

It's been a while since I wrote about all three of the girls alone so, I decided to do a little bit of a girl's night out type situation. Don't worry because the club won't end there and Jake will be in the next chapter. I recently got done with state testing, thank the Lord, and I'm pretty much brain-dead at the moment. Anyways, I'll update next Friday and hopefully, you can put up with this crazy author for a bit longer so you guys can get your ending. Love you guys and have a good afternoon. -Aime