Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

      "If you don't mind me asking, why is Asher in your house?" questioned Marco, calling Jake by his last name. We were in his red truck, the radio low and he was driving us to the unknown location. I turned and noticed he was patiently waiting for my response, his eyes calm and amused at the same time. "His mom and my mom are away on a business trip so, he was basically ordered to be my guard dog." I shrugged, pulling out my phone and checking the time. He simply nodded and continued driving, turning right onto a dirt path. The sudden change in terrain made the truck bounce and my body slide from side to side of the seat. "You're not taking me somewhere secluded to kill me right?" I joked, poking his arm. He laughed and shook his head, a grin still on his face. He parked the car in front of a gated fence to what seemed to be a batting cage. Yeah. I'm not good at sports. This will probably end up with me hurt.

      "I don't think I'd bring you to my favorite batting cage to kill you. Maybe the woods?" He played along, grabbing a metallic blue bat, an old looking leather mitt, and a baseball. My eyes widened when he took my hand in his and led me towards the gate. Throwing over the bat, mitt, and baseball, he hoisted himself up and jumped over the fence. "So I'm supposed to jump over this too?" I tried to ask casually, my voice a bit shaky as I looked over at him. His face once again turned into one of amusement, his hand coming into contact with the fence as he leaned as close as he could from the other side. "Don't be scared Beautiful. I'll catch you, ok?" his smile was enough to make me struggle and climb on the fence until I was sitting at the top. I can bet you the drop wasn't even that high but, to me I could have sworn to Hell and back that I was going to fall and die. Closing my eyes, I pushed myself off the fence and I felt my heart drop into my stomach, well until I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

      "Told you I'd catch you." Marco breathed into my ear, setting me down so my feet touched the ground. Letting out a fake cough, I stepped backward and pivoted to look at the batting cage. "How did you find this place?" my eyebrow was raised as we walked towards the net. He pointed at the net and handed me the bat. My eyes widened even more and I tried to hand it back to him, but he gently pushed it back into my hands. "This was the first field I played in when I started out with baseball my 7th-grade year. After that, I always came here to use the batting cage. Now show me what you got Beautiful." he said, changing the subject and grabbing the baseball. I tried to open my mouth and say that I didn't know what to do but, he had already thrown the ball and next thing you know I'm on my knees on the floor.

      "Oh lord. Ok. Come here." Marco teased with a small smile dancing on his lips. I stood up and walked over to him, my steps hesitant and careful. Once I was in front of him with the bat, he turned me around and placed my hands on the bat. His hands were on top of mine and his warm breath was hitting the back of my neck. "Now swing slowly. Put your body into it and make sure your hands finish high so the bat head stays in the hitting zone," he whispered in my ear, guiding my movements slowly and then quicker with more power. After a couple of minutes of doing that, he let go and let me go. "Alright, now are you ready?" he questioned, cautiousness hidden in his small smile. I nodded slowly and waited for him to throw the ball. His arm swung powerfully, I closed my eyes and swung the bat just like he taught me. Before I could open my eyes, I heard the impact with the bat and ball and then the gate and ball. My eyes shot open and I squealed with excitement at the fact that I actually accomplished doing something I wouldn't usually dare do.

      "Not bad Beautiful. You have a strong arm. Wouldn't want to mess with you when you have a bat in your hand." Marco said in a playful tone, winking at me. I ran up to him and hugged him, a big smile still present on my face. My arms wrapped around his neck and when I looked up, his eyes were already on me. His flickered down to my lips and back up to my eyes. Next thing I knew, his lips were on mine and I was kissing him back. It wasn't a rushed or raunchy kiss, it was actually quite slow, short and sweet. Marco was the first to pull away, a small grin on his face and his hands still on my hips. Blushing, I looked down only for him to bring my face back up to look at him. He pecked my lips one more time before grabbing my hand and walking towards the fence of the batting cage where we had climbed over.

      "You ready to go get something to eat?" he asked, as we basically repeated the process of when we jumped over the fence to get into the batting cage. I nodded frantically, my stomach growling only making him laugh.

All Rights Reserved

Hello, Peaches. This was the date scene and well considering the fact that I'm single I'm not sure how good it was or wasn't. Anyhow, what do you think of Marco? Him or Jake? Anyways, I'll talk to you amazing people later, because I'm still editing. -Aime