Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven

(A/N: This chapter is completely in Jake's POV soo yeah. Onward!)

      "You did what in the hell now?" Cathy snapped, putting an arm across Jaqueline's chest when she tried to lunge at me. As you may have guessed, Mateo and I decided to tell them about my stupidity. In other words, the fucking bet. After the altercation with Marco, I panicked and went to find Mateo, who insisted we told the girls after school. Now, after telling them the whole story, they both looked about ready to rip off my head and run it over with their cars...twice. Cathy stood up and smacked Mateo on the back of the head, earning a loud complaint. "Why the hell didn't you tell me with this bastard told you?" she seethed, Jaqueline nodding and glaring at the both of us. "Because he told me not to say anything. I would have thought he said something to her by now like I told him to. Now we're all screwed for knowing." He whined, rubbing the back of his head and pushing my shoulder. He was right about the being screwed part.

      Jaqueline stalked over to me, shaking her head in an intimidating manner. I looked down, guiltily when she down in front of me. "Lookup. Now. You did the most stupid thing on the planet. You know that. We know that. And just for points, Marco knows that. Own it, am I understood? What you did was fucked up. Now we are all on the line with her. Meaning that you're going to find the right time to tell her. You're going to own it and be upfront because if not, these two idiots behind me won't be the ones to say shit. I will. And it will be a lot messier than it's already going to turn out." she said harshly, getting back up and walking towards the front door. "For you sake Asher, I wouldn't dare do it before Prom. That would hurt even more. But right after, you better tell her." Cathy mumbled before picking up her bag and following Jaqueline out the door. When they both were gone, I faced Mateo who had the same look on his face from when we were at McDonald's.

     "I know we sound harsh Jake but, this whole situation is screwed. Doesn't matter how you put it or who tells her, it's going to hurt but from you, it might hurt a little less." Mateo stated gruffly, getting up and grabbing my shoulder roughly. "I agree with both of the girls. Tell her after Prom because she at least deserves to have a good time there. Anyways, I gotta go apologize to my girlfriend now because Lord knows that girl can hold a grudge." He groaned, stomping out of the house like a little kid. With all of them out of the house, I took in a deep breath and let out a frustrated scream that rang out through the house. Now that my relationship was actually on the line, I realized how much I had messed up. For once in my life, I was actually afraid to lose something. I was actually afraid of losing Lenne. I was afraid of losing her trust because when I do, it's right back to square one. The same place I stood only 3 months ago.

      There was something about her that I was afraid to lose because I knew that I wouldn't find it in anyone else. I knew that once I opened up about my mistake, I ran the risk of having to let her go and that fucking killed me. It killed me to know or think that if I had to let her go, I had to be ok with seeing someone else see that light in her eyes. I had to be ok with letting someone else appreciate the way her lips curve up into a smile every time you kiss her. Just thinking of what I had already put her through only to add this to the list made me sick. Thinking about what the effects of this one damned word exchange between Marco and I, made me want to be able to swallow my guilt and look her in the eye without knowing I might have to sacrifice everything to win her back. I felt damned in every possible way when it came to Lenne. Maybe it's exaggerated. Maybe it's not. I was not only being berated by my close friends but, my own self-conscious hated me.

All Rights Reserved

Hey, Peaches, I'm quite aware that it's a short chapter but, I have been cramming and rushing to finish my back to school projects for English and Geography. School starts up again for me on August 22nd and I've been so busy writing for you guys, that I forgot to make time to write for my grade. That being said, I will have a longer chapter up no later than Friday night, central time of course. Honestly, I should really get some sleep as well. I have literally been living off caffeine and energy bars for like the past 2 weeks trying to make the chapters interesting and also finish the book. You guys probably wonder when we'll be finishing this and the answer is soon but, I am in the process of working out a sequel so, please let me know what you think on the subject. -Aime