Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

(A/N: Will be switching to Jake's POV around the middle of the chapter. Just a heads up that this chapter will shadow some of Lenne's past and may have something to do with Anxiety so please read at your own precaution. Also, please listen to the song while you read.)

      As I parked my car in the lot on Monday morning and got out, some people called my name and whooped, others smiled and some just stared. Looking down, I made my way to the front door, when suddenly I felt someone snatch my wrist. I turned to see the one person who could ruin my day and the small social life I had in a second. It was Gabby again and I honestly was praying for me and cursing alcohol for giving me the confidence I honestly now didn't want anymore.

      "Aww look. Do a little twirl for us, princess. Come on show off what you think will make you any less of what you've always been. Come on. A little spin." she sneered at me with a smirk, digging her nails into my arm. Something clicked inside me telling me, 'Pain.Lenne.Pain.React'. "Can you shut the fuck up for once? Like honestly, I told you I don't give a shit about Jake. He's all yours sweetie. Have fun. Make babies. Just not in my house and keep me the hell out of it." I bluntly replied, yanking my arm out of her grip. Some people were now curious, peering over at us or taking some glances here and there but, you could tell this wasn't going to end here. "You see my problem is that after all that pretending to be innocent and common, you decide to come out of nowhere like you're someone. Lenne, you're worthless just like you've always been. In between all the bullshit that happened with your family, you still have the nerve to act as if everything around you will bow down." she growled, her eyes going a bit wild and intense. I was pretty sure that any moment now she would pounce on me like some rabid dog, but I couldn't make the first move. Just as I was about to walk away from everything going on and let go, she spoke up with a comment that made my blood boil. In that moment, she had crossed the line.

      "No wonder your dad left. He couldn't stand such a fake for a daughter. She can't even pull off the role of herself." she cackled like the witch she decided to act like. I'm pretty sure after that I saw red. It was one thing to mess with me and who I was or decided to be, but it was another thing to mess with my past and my family. The only thing I felt was my hand raise and slap her across the face. Shock was evident on her face, the blood rushing to the place where my hand impacted her. The shock only lasted about a second or two before it registered in her mind that I had hit her and I'm pretty sure that now I am definitely dead. I wanted to turn to walk away, but my hair was pulled back, sending me tumbling backward just like that time with Jake. She then pulled my hair back to make me look at her as she leaned over my face. "Get this through your head Lenne. You'll never keep anything within reach. Eventually, you'll get tired and give up on your own and I won't have to continue taking everything from you. Don't act like all cute and harmless darling. We all know that when the rain comes down, all the paint washes away, That's exactly what just happened." she snarled out, before pushing me and walking away.

Jake's POV

      In front of me was a crowd, surrounding a girl and it wasn't just any girl. The girl in the middle, on her knees trying not to cry was Lenne. She looked like the smallest thing could crack her and the worst thing would shatter her. Her breath was ragged and her eyes were sparkling with fresh tears. I ran towards her and knelt down so I was in front of her, she didn't even notice me. The crowd had dispersed and now it was just Lenne and me in the parking lot. It didn't take long for her to break out into a fit of sobs, her breathing uneven. I noticed her palms were scraped but not before noticing that she had begun to claw at herself. It dawned me that she was having a panic attack, for she was shaking, had shortness of breath, and a racing heart. Not knowing what to do, I grabbed her arms and tried to hold her in place as she struggled and sobbed even harder. Cradling her, I held onto her, sitting in an empty parking lot. Anyone who drove by or walked by probably was looking at us weird but, I didn't care. Eventually, her breathing slowed down and her heart went back to normal. Her eyes also looked drowsy, almost like she was tired so I laid her head on my chest, kissing her forehead and whispering soothing things into her ear.

      "I'm sorry. If I ever did this to you, I'm sorry." I whispered into her hair, a guilty feeling taking over my stomach. Seeing her react like this made me feel insanely bad about what I did to her. Did I ever make her react like this? Even though she acted like she could care less?

All Rights Reserved

Hey Peaches, I hope you enjoyed this. Honestly, I've been through this type of thing. Panic attacks are some of the worst things you can ever go through. You feel like the world is closing in and you can't breathe. It's really not something I would wish on someone. Anxiety was something I had to deal with on my own at some point and I hope that you guys going through it now, know you aren't alone. Peaches, if you ever feel alone, message me and vent and never, ever think about hurting yourself. I don't have the words to make you feel better but, I am another pair of ears to listen to you. Whatever is going right now, you'll make it through. I love you guys. -Aime