Chapter Three

Chapter Three

(A/N: There will be a text conversation so, please bear with me. Also, we'll be switching to Jake's POV at some point.)

Monday rolled around and well, Jake moves in today since our moms and Katia leave tomorrow. I'm still praying that a meteorite destroys Jake's car so he can't come over. Sadly only miracles happen in a life and death situations so, I guess I'm not getting out of this one. I groaned and unplugged my phone seeing I had 2 hours to get ready for school. Yawning, I shuffled my way to my bathroom and stepped into the shower, the warm water cascading down my back. I squirted my coconut shampoo into my hand and massaged my scalp, trying to scrub all my bad thoughts about today. When I was finished and was slightly satisfied with the calmness I know felt, I grabbed my white fluffy towel that was hanging on the side of the shower. (A/N: I'm obsessed with fluffy towels, to be honest. It's like the Lord of linens had a baby!)

I got my grabbed basically the first thing I saw in my closet and got dressed. Drying my hair with my towel, I walked to my small vanity, sitting on the metallic black stool. My phone vibrated and I pulled it out of my pocket, letting my towel hang from my shoulders.

Hey Nena, don't need you to pick me up today. Have a ride. I'll explain later. Love you and I'll see you in second period. -Your Hot Best Friend (;

I smiled knowingly and started drying my hair with my blow dryer. Deciding to just do something simple, I threw my hair into a bun. Looking myself over in the mirror, I nodded my head in approval, just as my mom yelled for me to get downstairs. Rushing down the stairs and into the kitchen, I grabbed my car keys from the glass table. I kissed my mom's cheek saying bye and grabbed an apple, exiting through the garage door. Fifteen minutes later I had pulled up to the school and parked. Getting out of the car, I made sure to lock the door and put my sunglasses on. Walking up to the school entrance, I ignored the eyes on me and continued texting Jaqueline. I could basically feel everybody's eyes boring into my back, making me, even more, irritated than I already was.

"Hey, Lenne!" an all too familiar voice rang out from the parking lot, causing everyone to look at him then at me. Feeling uncomfortable with the attention, I ignored him and kept walking, speeding up when I heard the running footsteps behind me. Slowly turning around, I came face to face with a smug Jake. "Morning Beautiful," he said coolly, which for some unknown reason made me shiver. So he finds out mommy dearest works for mine and he thinks we're cool? 

"Yeah. Morning to you too Jake." I said dully and with a bored expression on my face, hoping it'd be enough to make him go away. As I was about to turn around something or, in this case, someone caught my wrist. 

"So since I'll be living with you for a couple of months, what about we get to know each other?" he said with that stupid smirk playing on his lips. I just wanted to smack it off his damn face. 

"Not interested so, you can fuck off right about now Asher," I stated plainly, turning around and walking away but, not before hearing him yell something after me. Even I have to admit it made me curious. 

"Don't play hard to get Lenne. It isn't a fun game," he gloated. Wow. Fine. Fuck you, Jake.

After school, I walked into the house which smelled like my favorite dish, Enchiladas Verdes Con Arroz Español. (A/N: Duudde! My grandmother's dish is like heaven It's the bomb-diggity yo. Ignore me. Smh Aime. Smh.) Running to the kitchen to look, I noticed María carrying crisp white sheets upstairs, so I decided to help her. "Here María, let me help you." I chuckled, grabbing one of the stacks of sheets in her hand. She works too hard to make us comfortable. 

"Gracias Míja," she replied, smiling sweetly and walking up the stairs. I followed her into the guest room, which I guess was the room Jake was to stay in. She started to make the bed and began I began vacuuming the carpet. between the two of us, we dusted the drawers, TV stand, and nightstands. Right on time, the doorbell rang, making me groan and walk down the stairs. Opening the door, the only thing on my mind was, 'Lord please let me survive this'.

Jake's POV

Parking my car in front of the large house my mom gave me the address to, I whistled lowly. My bags were in the trunk, so I decided to ring the doorbell first. I leaned on one of the stone columns that held the porch and waited for the door to open. The door opened slowly, showing a very aggravated Lenne. I had just gotten here and I can already tell she's going to be difficult. She opened the door wide enough for me to slip in and look around. My eyes widened slightly at the modern living room to my right and the steel staircase to my left. A long hallway in the middle intersected with what I guess were the two hallways that led to the kitchen and dining room.

"I'll lead you to your bedroom and you can come get your bags and get settled. After you're done I'll show you around the rest of the house," she mumbled, looking at me with what seemed like mindful eyes, then turning around slowly walking up the stairs. Her hips swayed slightly, but besides that, she was stiff and uncomfortable. Why was she being so careful? 

"This is your room. If you don't like it, let María know and she'll situate you in the other guest room across the hall," she told me smoothly and opened the door. The room was modern, with light gray walls and a large bed with black sheets. Before making a quick exit, she told me about the bathroom and closet. I could get used to sleeping in these four walls.

All Rights Reserved

Peaches! You guys are legitimately my little pieces of heaven like that's the truth my loves. I can't thank you enough for all the support you've given me and all the amazing readers that send me messages reminding me that Y'all still love me even when I don't update for a while. that is what makes me want to update sooner and work harder to make this book an amazing thing for you. Hope you enjoyed this small filler Peaches and I'll see you soon. -Aime