Chapter Forty Three

Chapter Forty Three

(A/N: Ok, so at first I had a hard time deciding who was going to play Lenne's mom and then I legit smacked my forehead really hard and rushed to look this beautiful woman up. I mean to be completely honest, Barbara and her look pretty alike, especially their beautiful eyes. Anyways, onward with the chapter)

      I rocked back and forth anxiously on my heels. Jake and I were currently at the airport, waiting for our moms and my sister to arrive. The arrivals screen already showed that the flight had landed, now we just had to wait for them to come to baggage claim. I missed my mom in all honesty and even though I hated to admit it, I missed Katia's annoying presence in the house. The ball was on Saturday, and well now I had my mom to help confirm all the final things. My mind started to wonder to all things that still needed to get done when I heard girlish squealing from far away. It was Katia, pointing at Jake and I's interlocked hands. I blushed and let go, running my hand through my hair and looking up at my mom and Savannah's smug faces. Smiling, I ran over to them and hugged my mom, clinging onto her like a five-year-old.

      "I missed you, Momma," I said quietly, hugging her tightly and breathing in her scent. You can't really judge me. I'm a momma's girl. Like I legit wouldn't be anywhere or have appreciated so much if it weren't for her and everything she's done for Katia and I. Not only us but you can also count the young women in the programs that have done so many amazing things with the help of the program my mom set up. She hugged me back silently, smiling and rubbing my back.

      "And what am I? A roach?" argued Katia, pouting and holding her arms open for me to hug her. She acted like such a stuck up princess at times, but she had her sweet moments. When she wasn't busy talking everyone's ear off of course. I chuckled, and walked over to her, taking her skinny frame into my arms and holding her tightly. She sighed happily and hugged me back, crushing me and my back. For a 13-year-old girl, she had the strength of a 16-year-old boy. It was quite intimidating in all honesty. When we pulled away from the hugged she raised her eyebrow and glanced over at Jake who was hugging Savannah. I shook my head and covered my face. "You work fast big sis." she winked cheekily, pushing me over to where Savannah and Jake were standing. I awkwardly walked over to Savannah and did a small wave, making me her smile sweetly. She took a step forward and took me in her arms, completely taking me by surprise. My eyes were wide and it took me a moment before I wrapped my arms around her as well. Jake smiled from behind Savannah, confirming that he had told Savannah about the two of us.

      "I could only hope that Jake honestly found a good girl like you. Unlike all those little hoes he brought around the house. And that witch. That Scarlett that his brother ran after. Oh my lord." she said to me, holding my shoulders and smiling widely. That only brought a smile equally as big to my face as I turned towards my mom and Katia who were nodding in agreement, each of them grabbing a hold of one of his arms. Chuckling softly, Jake walked over to me and hugged me, kissing my forehead. The laughter began when we turned around to find all of them 'awwing' at our interaction.

 The laughter began when we turned around to find all of them 'awwing' at our interaction

      As we walked towards the car, I saw Jake's smile slowly fade. I could see all the wheels turning inside his head, making it was obvious nothing good was on his mind. When we reached the car and I unlocked it, he pulled me to the side and held both my hands. I raised an eyebrow in a confused manner, making him crack a small grin before it quickly faded back into a serious expression.

      "We need to talk when we get to the house. I have something to tell you and you might not like it." he nervously said, still holding my hands. I opened my mouth to speak, but he was already walking towards his mom, helping her to put the suitcases in the trunk. Curiosity raided my mind and I always went back to the look on his face. What could he have done that was so bad?

      The whole drive home, my mind swirled and I tried to put two and two together. Nothing came up. Nothing from previous arguments or conversations came to mind and that's what was killing me the most. Finally, we got home and I swear everyone in the car sighed in relief except for Jake, who drew in a shaky breath. We all walked into the house, Katia running towards María who was cleaning the kitchen counters. Poor María was scared and dropped her bottle of cleaner, only causing her to start cussing at all of us in Spanish because we were all laughing. Like, don't mess with María, her cleaning tools, or her cooking equipment. The women could cuss at 100mph and it was quite terrifying.

      "Can we talk?" Jake asked, grabbing my hand. I nodded and we walked over to the living room, sitting down on the sofa. He started to open his mouth when Katia came around the corner with a smirk and my mom's credit card in her hand. Jake smiled and nodded as if to say to go to her. I smiled and stood up, fixing my shorts. "We'll have this talk later ok? I promise." I smiled, running over to Katia who just got back and was ready to go shopping for her Gala dress. I could see the gleam in her eyes, only making me even more excited and happy she was back. The only thing on my mind though was Jake's urge to speak to me about that something.

All Rights Reserved

Buenos Dias/Buenas Tardes Peaches, how are my beautiful people doing? As you can see, he almost spilled but, he didn't have time so I mean, intensity? Yes. That is exactly what it is. Who do you think is going to end up telling Lenne about the bet? Any ship names? And most importantly, do you know anyone like María? If I'm honest she's my favorite character in the book and she's not even in every chapter like what? Also, I might be having a cover contest soon, I just have to work out all the details and kinks. Overall, I've seen an increase in comments since the last chapter and I'm just like totally insanely happy because of that, like you guys have no idea. Hearing your reactions and suggestions make me smile and want to continue writing like, no joke. I love you guys with all my might and well have a good day Peaches -Aime