Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Jake POV

      I was rifling to my locker looking for my track muscle shirt when a shoulder knocked into mine, making me slam my head into the cold blue metal. Hissing out in pain, I looked up to find Marco walking away with a smug look on his face. Honestly, at this point, I was about done with his bullshit.

      "What the hell is your fucking problem Greene? Haven't we been over the fact that you shouldn't mess with me?" I snarled, stalking over to him with a death glare. He rolled his eyes and decided to push me backwards, laughing stupidly afterwards. "Look, Asher, I'm not afraid of you. Don't think I haven't seen you around prancing around with Lenne on your arm." Marco mocked, smirking and pushing me once more. I was clenching my fists in hopes that it would hold me back from pounding his face. To be honest, I wouldn't have hurt him, if he hadn't opened his mouth for a second time.

      "Don't act all innocent. You're toying with this wide-eyed whore in hopes of changing. Good luck with that. We all know that once a player, always a player. It's just a matter of time before she becomes vulnerable again and is ready to put out for any guy. I'll be waiting for that." He winked. He didn't even have a chance to turn around because, in a matter of two seconds, I had him pinned against the wall by the neck with my forearm. The vein in my forehead was pulsating and though he was struggling for oxygen he still managed to chuckle. "Oooh. Touchy are we? Come on Asher, you won't get this girl to date or trust you by the end of the year." Marco wheezed, a smug look still on his face. My other hand came up to punch him, making blood begin to trickle out of his nose. After I hit him, he laughed again and wrapped his hands around my forearm. He tried to pry me off him, but I wouldn't budge. There was no way in hell that I was going to let this go.

      "Fucking watch me, Greene. She'll be mine by the end of the year." I growled out, letting him go and throwing him on the floor. All I heard was coughing and breathy laughs from behind me. As always, Marco had managed to get the best of me and this time, I think I made a huge mistake. How am I going to make this girl mine? How do I make sure she doesn't find out? Oh shit.

Lenne' POV

      I was anxiously tapping my pencil on my desk when my phone went off, indicating I had a text message. Everyone, including the teacher, turned to me with raised eyebrows or even an annoyed eye roll. Scoffing, I rolled my eyes and looked down at my lap to see the message was from Jake. Before I could open it, the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. I picked up my binder and textbook from the table and slowly made my way out of the room. My locker was all the way at the other end of the crowded hallway, only making my exit even more delayed. By the time I got to my locker, Jake was there with an empty look.

      "Why didn't you respond?" He mumbled, looking down at my phone that as in my hand. I took my time to reply, stuffing my books and binder into my backpack. "Are you not listening to me?" He exclaimed, slamming my locker closed with an exasperated expression. His outburst legitimately scared me so badly, I flinched and backed away. I looked up at him and narrowed my eyes into slits. "I was in class and unless you didn't notice, I was trying to put my stuff up so I could go home and we could talk but, clearly now you showed me it's not worth hearing you out." I sneered, turning around and walking towards the front entrance. God. I hadn't even talked to him the whole day and all of the sudden he's pissy. I hadn't even opened the message that he had sent me earlier. He didn't need to slam my locker shut. He's lucky I had moved my fucking hand.

      "Lenne! I'm sorry. It's been a rough day." Jake shouted from behind me, running to catch up to me. I slowed down slightly and turned around to look at him blankly. "Just because you had a rough day doesn't mean you needed to snap at me," I muttered, looking down and toying with the keychain on my bag's zipper. "I know. I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you? How about we to Mario's? You know, the malt shop?" Jake smiled, taking my hand into his and messing with my ring.

      "Fine, but don't ever snap at me like that again. You can be mad, sad or frustrated but don't take it out on me." I smiled slightly, grabbing his hand tightly and pulling him out of the building and towards the car.

All Rights Reserved

Hey, Peaches, I'm finally done with this chapter and for those of you who didn't really understand what happened, basically Jake bet on his relationship with Lenne. Of course, this usually ends badly but, as a writer, I'm sort of a sucker for the drama. I hope that this chapter didn't suck and that you enjoyed the fight in the beginning because like why not? If you have any opinions or suggestions, as always feels free to leave them in the comments or message me. I'm thinking that maybe soon I'd like to open up a banner/cover contest but that's not for sure yet. Anyways, love you guys and I'll update soon Peaches. -Aime