XXXV: Worth It

Saint's POV

I was getting ready for this date thing with Fighter. If you could even call it that. I don't even know why I agreed to this "date", more like forced into it. I was wearing a simple black t-shirt with Flannel, black ripped jeans and boots. I honestly thought I was done with dating after what had happened, and I was going strong with just one night stands and then Fighter had to pop up out of nowhere. I hope it's worth it. I hope he's worth it.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, getting me out of my thoughts.

So I opened the door. It was to no surprise Fighter, who was wearing ripped jeans, vans and a hoodie along with the sunglasses.

"Hey babe. You look hot."

"You don't look too bad yourself. Now let's get this over with before I change my mind"

"Whatever you want babe"

Not surprisingly, Fighter didn't have a car so we walked to the restaurant instead. While we were walking we were met with a comfortable silence along with Fighter telling corny jokes here and there. But there was a sense of familiarity, security and comfort that I had felt. And I hadn't felt that way in a long time. 2 years in the making to be exact.

"So what do you do babe?"

"For what?"

"A job"

I couldn't exactly tell him I was a fucking mafia boss could I?

"I...um I own a business"

"At such a young age woah. Explains why you live in a big house"

"Yeah... What about you, what do you do?"

"I'm unemployed at the moment"

"Oh ok"

"Parents? Siblings? Exes?"

Saint laughed.

"Parents are dead. I am an only child. And by ex do you mean one night stands or an actual relationship."

"Real relationships of course"

"I've had multiple relationships but I've only had one where I loved them with everything I've got.

"I'm jealous of that person. They got to know your beautiful self before me"

"How unfortunate"

"C'mon let's go"

Fighter grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to the restaurant known as 'Red Robin'. They finally got seated after 20 minutes.

"I hope you like it"

"I like it. It's not overly fancy."

"Shouldn't you be used to that fancy shit? Since you're like a millionaire?"

"Just because I'm a millionaire doesn't mean I'm into that fancy shit. You can be rich and still not be into rich things if that makes any sense."

"That makes perfect sense actually"

***

Third Person POV

They decided to take a walk in the park after dinner.

"So... I hope you liked dinner. It was all I could afford."

"It's fine. I'm not gonna judge you. I really liked it"

"Yeah me too"

They continued walking, Fighter telling random jokes here and there just to hear Saint's laugh, words wouldn't be able to describe how much he loved that laugh.

Fighter stopped suddenly. Looking at Saint with a blank stare.

"Uh... is there something on my face?"

"No nothing is on your face I just uh I just wanted to look at you"

"And why would you want to look at me?"

"Because you're fucking gorgeous. Like not just in your looks but in your personality as well. Your black tattoo really compliments your skin tone well. But that's not all, you have the most mesmerizing brown eyes I've ever seen. Like you're too perfect to be real"

"Trust me when I say I'm FAR from perfect. I've made decisions that I'm not proud of and I deeply regret"

"Babe... stop living in the past and focus on the future. Because if you don't stop living in the past you wouldn't be able to enjoy your life."

"Fighter is it even worth it? Living my life I mean. Is forgiving myself even worth it?"

"Look, Babe I don't know what you did in the past, nor do I care. But I know deep down in the bottom of my heart that it was for good reason. And you may not see it now but Saint... you deserve happiness and I am willing to be that happiness for you and to also tell you that it is worth it. YOU are worth it. Never fucking let that voice in your head or anybody tell you different. Okay?"

"Okay."

Without a second thought Fighter closes the distances between them connecting their lips. There was nothing rushed about this kiss, they went nice and slow. Giving them a chance to really embrace and taste one another.

Saint then wrapped his arms around Fighter's neck pulling him in even further if that was even possible. Fighter's hands, however, ended up settling just at Saint's hips, occasionally wrapping around to squeeze his ass, earning  a moan.

The kiss started off slow, calm, and simply beautiful. Then it quickly escalated to a more rougher and sloppier make out.

After some time both of them hesitantly pulled away because they both were in desperate need of some oxygen. 

"My apartment or your mansion?"

"My mansion"

________________________________________________________________________________

End of Chapter 35

We all need a Fighter in our lives

Until next time

-Yo