XXXVII: Fighter's Eye

Fighter was the first of the two to wake up that morning. He sat up and looked at the beauty next to him. Wondering what/who hurt the man so much that he was afraid to get too close with him. He looked so peaceful. He looked so precious and lovely you wouldn't have been able to tell he's been through shit. Fighter would know more than others. But it takes one to know one.

Fighter started to kiss Saint all over his face to wake him up in the morning.

"Fighter stop"

Saint whined, still having his eyes closed.

"Good morning to you too babe"

"What we did last night I hadn't done ever in my life"

"You've never done that position?"

"Maybe in my prostituting days but if I did it was forgettable."

"Wait a second, you used to be a prostitute?"

Fighter wasn't shocked at this, just surprised, and also annoyed. The fact that someone other than him touched him in the past, simply for their one physical pleasure pissed him off.

"Yeah"

"How long were you an escort?"

"Like... a year and a half... two years maybe"

"Wow babe"

"I know"

Fighter didn't ask anything further, instead he laid his head on Saint's lap, while Saint was carding his fingers through Fighter's soft hair. Just enjoying his time with him like it could be gone at any second.

He then wondered if he should tell him about his past struggles. He knew he trusted Saint, but was it enough to trust him with something so big?

"Hey babe?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna see my eyes?"

"Wha- really?"

"Yes I want you to see them"

"Are you comfortable with doing that?"

"Yes. I'm ready now"

"Okay"

Fighter slowly takes off his sunglasses, revealing a secret that he's kept hidden for 20 years.

Saint gasped at what he saw, Fighter's entire right eye was wiped clean, just a hollow pit of where his eye would be. Where should have been an identical eye was replaced by his fair skin. Now Saint knew why he never took them off.

"It was a-a fire. I... uh... was uh in bed at the time. The rest of m-my family got out safely b-but me... I almost d-died. The smoke from the fire almost s-suffocated me. When I got to the hospital my right uh eye was so b-burned from the flames that the only way to recover was to uh remove it completely. It's b-been gone ever since."

Fighter was full on crying by now.

"Hey Fighter come here"

"You're okay Fighter. You're okay, you're safe now baby"

They spent the rest of the morning with Fighter crying in Saint's arms. For the first time in a long time, Fighter felt safe. Fighter felt loved.

________________________________________________________________________________

End of Chapter 37

Short chapter I'm sorry

Until next time

-Yo