XLIV: Silence

A/N: Mentions of rape/depression/one of the characters has a panic attack

It was roughly 2 am. and Zee was almost on the verge of being fully asleep when he heard a massive bang down the hall in the bathroom.

"What the-?"

Followed by another bang. But no one was getting out of their rooms to check the noise.

"How are they all still asleep?"

Not knowing what he was getting into, he turned the door cautiously to see Perth crying uncontrollably, shaking aggressively, while trying to bring a blade to his wrist.

"Hey... HEY. Stop, give me that. What's wrong?"

Zee gently took the blade out of Perth's hand and guided him to sit down on the bathroom floor. Perth felt as though he could barely breathe; he was gasping for air with tears streaming down his face.

Perth didn't even know who was next to him. He didn't even notice someone was there, he tuned everything out.

"Perth look at me, Perth please look at me."

Perth obeyed.

"Take a deep breath in and let it out. Do that with me, okay? Breathe, Perth."

Perth shakily took a breath and let it out and slowly felt himself calming down and then everything went black.

***

Perth awoke in his bed to Zee staring down at him and jumped higher than a rabbit.

"WHAT THE FUCK, ZEE?! NEVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN."

"Sorry, um- are you feeling better?"

"Uh- um yeah I'm fine"

"I know this might be a little too personal but have you gotten them before?"

"What?"

"Panic attacks"

"Y-yeah I have"

"How often"

"I-i don't really know it mostly gets triggered by something"

"Do you uh- know why you get them?"

"Why are you so curious?"

"I'm the one who found you"

"Point taken. And yes, yes I have."

"Why do you get them? If you don't mind me asking"

Perth was cautious, curious as to why Zee was being so nosy all of a sudden but told him nonetheless.

"My mom has had her series of boyfriends in the past but most of them were AWFUL awful people"

"How so?"

"M-my father r-raped her"

It was almost inaudible but Zee heard it.

"W-what did you just say?"

"You know what I said Zee, I'm not repeating myself"

"S-so y-you're-"

"The result of a rape? Yeah, you can say it. It's no secret anyway"

"Okay, so uh- back to your panic attacks, what was the start?"

"Me and Fighter have both seen some pretty fucked up shit. But I wouldn't say he was affected by it as I was."