hogsmeade

V

V. HOGSMEADE

It was the thirty first of October - Winnie had heard that muggles called this day Halloween, and she was having a fantastic time in Hogsmeade. Cedric had been carrying her on his back for the past five minutes. Prim voiced that it wasn't fair, and that her feet were tired, too, so Sabrina tried to give her a piggy back ride, but they had ended up just falling to the ground.

"Where do you fancy going first?" Sabrina asked, rubbing the dirt off of her jeans. For once, they weren't in their uniforms. If almost felt weird to not have the black and blue robes she wore everyday.

"It's Winnie and Prim's first time in Hogsmeade. I say we hit Honeydukes first, then Zonko's, and finally get some butterbeer." Cedric suggested. Everyone seemed happy with that plan, so they entered the sweet shop first.

"I think I've died and gone to Heaven." Winnie smiled as the smell of hundreds of sweets hit her nose.

"You have to try the chocolate cauldrons. They're fantastic!" Sabrina shouted.

From Honeydukes, Winnie got the chocolate cauldrons, exploding bon-bons, black pepper imps, and some jelly slugs.

Walking into Zonko's, she saw the Weasley twins. "Say, if I were wanting to ruin Roger Davies' day after him bossing us around all day, what should I get?" She asked Sabrina, but was answered by one of the Weasley twins.

"I'd strongly recommend the nose-biting teacups. We use them on Filch all the time." One of them, possibly Fred, said.

"Then finish it off with a nice dungbomb. That aught to do the trick." George said, though she could have their names totally mixed up for all she knew. They were looking at stink pellets. Winnie couldn't help but smile.

"That sounds fantastic! I assume you two would know best, anyway." She said, causing them to grin. She purchased those, and a couple sugar quills before saying goodbye to the twins, and heading to The Three Broomsticks.

Winnie and Cedric sat on one side of the booth, while Sabrina and Prim sat on the other. Madame Rosmerta brought them four butterbeers, and Winnie was overjoyed by the taste. She would definitely be on a sugar high from all the candy she had gotten from Honeydukes, and this sweet beverage was going to push her over the edge.

"Hey, Brina, why don't we go do that thing we were going to do?" Prim asked, smirking at Cedric and Winnie.

"What thing?" Sabrina looked utterly confused.

"You know, the thing!" She exclaimed, not being very subtle as she pointed towards them. Sabrina's eyes widened with realization.

"Oh, right! The thing! I almost forgot. We best get going now, we've been looking forward to this for a long time." Sabrina said, grabbing her coat, and following Prim out, the two of them laughing.

Cedric turned to Winnie, who had turned as red as a tomato.

"Honestly, I don't know what they're on about..." She said. It was quiet for a second before the two started laughing. Cedric's face grew a little more serious.

"Well, I might have a slight inkling." Cedric stated.

"Yeah? What's that?"

"I suppose I'm not subtle, myself. I've fancied you since I saw you getting sorted into your house, if I'm honest. I may have told Sabrina, once. She's been pushing me to tell you about it for ages. I just haven't had the courage. I suppose that's why i'm not in Gryffindor." Cedric said, chuckling towards the end.

"Cedric, I never knew you felt that way." Winnie said quietly.

"I understand if you don't feel the same way. I just hope it won't ruin our friendship-" Winnie cut him off.

"I feel the same way, Ced. What you've told Sabrina, I've told Prim." She smiled.

"Freddie?"

"Yeah?"

"How did you manage to get butterbeer in your hair?"

***

Winnie and Cedric walked out of The Three Broomsticks holding hands, and she could practically hear Sabrina screech from a mile away. Prim passed a couple galleons to the taller blonde.

"Hey, were you placing bets?" Cedric asked, chuckling.

"Prim didn't think you'd have the nerve to say anything today. I thought different." Sabrina said holding her galleons up proudly.

"Bloody hell, it's freezing. Can we get back to the carriages now?" Prim asked, her hair now white, and her lips blue. Winnie knew her cousin was overreacting just a smidge, but they laughed, heading back to Hogwarts.

She said goodbye to her friends and Cedric, heading to see Remus. He was still in the Dark Arts classroom, cleaning up from his prior classes.

"Winnifred, I've been wanting to talk to you." He said. She sat down at one of the desks.

"I know it's about my Boggart..." She muttered.

"Yes, and not a day goes by that I don't wish you were still under my care. I won't ask you to go into detail, just know that I will continue to do everything I can to get you away from those tossers." Winnie smiled. This is what kept her sane when she was living at the Malfoy Manor. She knew she had people out there who loved her.

"Uncle Remus?"

"Yes, dear?"

"I've received a letter from Padfoot. I want to reply, but I suppose I'm scared. I don't want him to be disappointed in me."

"Why would he ever be disappointed in you?"

"I don't know. I'm in Ravenclaw, not Gryffindor. He doesn't know I've been living with the Malfoys. Maybe I'm just scared he'll get caught if I reply to his letter." Remus nodded.

"That pesky owl of yours can be a problem. I say, write him back. Whether or not you send it remains completely up to you. But know this; you have had your father wrapped around your finger since the moment you were born. There is nothing you could do to disappoint him. If you decide to send it, you may use my owl." Remus hugged her before heading out of the classroom. He wasn't looking well - as the full moon was coming up. Whenever she lived with him, he would send her to his father, Lyall's so she was safe.

Dear Padfoot,

There's nothing I'd love more than to see you, but I am terrified you'll get caught. As for my beliefs, Uncle Moony has made sure that I knew you were innocent since I could talk. Unfortunately, at age nine, Lucius Malfoy gained guardianship over me, and I've lived at that horrid place ever since. I suppose Moony told you that mother passed not long after you were taken away. I miss you, and I wish you all the safety in the world.

With Love,
Phoenix.

Winnie passed the letter to Lupin's owl.

"Find him, please."

no angst just fluff :)
let me know if you guys are liking this story or if there's anything I can improve. please comment, as it makes my day!