the battle of hogwarts

XLVII

XLVII. THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS

Fear. Confusion. Betrayal. Only a few emotions Winnifred was feeling as she stood in between Fred and Prim in the great hall, watching Harry confront Snape.

As Mcgonagall stepped in front of Harry to protect him, shooting out spells of fire towards Snape, Winnifred noticed that he wasn't sending any harmful spells towards the woman he'd worked alongside with for countless years. In fact, he deflected one of her spells so it would hit the Carrow siblings behind him — known death eaters.

Sirius and Eva were with Andromeda and Nymphadora Tonks where they would be safe. She worried for the people she stood next to. The people she had grown to know and love. Would they be dead by sunrise? She looked at her Godfather, who looked exhausted, but ready to fight. Sabrina and Poppy were holding hands, readying themselves for battle. Clara, standing next to her sister, completely terrified.

"Give me Harry Potter, and Hogwarts will remain untouched..." Voldemort's voice was in their heads.

"What are you waiting for? Somebody grab him!" Pansy Parkinson shouted. She was met with negative replies, as people started forming around Harry to protect him.

***

It didn't take much time for hell to break loose. The professors used every concealment and safety charm they could think of, but it seemed like it was nothing for Voldemort and his death eaters.

There was fire everywhere Winnifred looked. The beautiful castle she'd grown up in reduced to ashes. She was still with Fred, sending stunning shots at death eaters, and protecting the school. She worried for everyone she loved. One wrong move and you were dead. She couldn't bare to think of Fred dying, Prim, or Clara...Remus had been so exhausted from protecting Tonks and Teddy lately. And what if the worst thing happened? What if Harry died? Voldemort would have complete control.

Winnifred flew above her husband, following him until she noticed people who needed help. Remus...

"It's okay, go. I love you, now go." Fred told her.

She soared through the night sky, watching as Remus dueled with a death eater she knew to be Dolohov. Remus was slowly losing, and Winnifred wasn't about to watch him die. As Dolohov shouted the killing curse, Winnifred swooped in between them, taking the hit for herself. She waited to fall, just as she had the night Cedric died, but she didn't. This time, she was strong enough not to fall.

This gave Remus the upper hand, and he was able to finish Dolohov with ease. He looked at the phoenix with a thankful nod, knowing that his Goddaughter had just saved his life.