weasley's wizard wheezes

XXXI

XXXI. WEASLEY'S WIZARD WHEEZES

Winnifred looked around in awe. The twins' joke shop was truly amazing. Though most of Diagon Alley was either closed, are very dark, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes was bright, and booming with business. Though Winnifred was still mourning the loss of her father, Fred was always there to make sure she was okay. Everyday, their relationship got stronger. Molly Weasley had already started on about when they were getting married, and if she'd have a grandchild. She was much happier with those two together, than Bill and Fluer. With Fluer being half Veela, Molly thought she was with Bill purely for his looks. George and Prim had gotten closer, but were just friends at the moment.

Sabrina had finished her final year at Hogwarts, and was studying to become an Auror. While studying, she worked for the twins for some extra money. Fred and George had moved out from the burrow, and into the flat above their shop.

"Hi Winnie!" Poppy exclaimed. She didn't talk to her much, but Poppy was a nice person. She was a year younger than the twins, and would be returning to Hogwarts this year.

"Hi, Poppy! How are you doing?" Winnie asked. She knew that she'd broken up with Angelina Johnson, but rumor had it that she fancied someone Winnifred was very close to.

"I'm great! Say, is Sabrina here?" Winnifred chuckled, pointing over to where the love potions were. Poppy waved goodbye at Winnie, causing her to laugh. She followed Poppy; not to spy on her, but to greet Ginny and Hermione, who were next to Sabrina.

Winnifred surprised them with a hug, causing Hermione to jump a little.

"Winnie!" Ginny exclaimed, smiling wildly. The two had grown close over the summer. Winnifred had been staying at the burrow, as she had no where else to go. Hermione smiled at her, too.

"Oh, it's like I haven't seen you guys in three days!" Winnie said. The Weasley's had been very wary to let Ron and Ginny go back to Hogwarts. Hermione's parents had, as well. They were all worried about Voldemort. What if he attacked the school? The thought of Dumbledore being there calmed them, as he was the only person Voldemort had ever feared. With Albus Dumbledore alive, they were safe. Winnie couldn't help but wonder what her father would've have wanted her to do. As she was officially an orphan, and above age, she had say in everything she did.

***

Fred had kissed Winnifred goodbye at Platform Nine and Three Quarters, making her promise she'd write him everyday. She happily obliged, and boarded the Hogwarts express, sitting in a compartment with Prim, Luna, and Dove.

Prim had her head laying on Winnifred's lap, claiming she was too tired for the train ride. Prim had taken Sirius' death pretty hard, too. The whole family did. Prim said Nymphadora was having trouble conjuring a patronus these days.

"Who do you think the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor will be this year?" Winnifred asked. Thankfully, it wouldn't be Umbridge.

"Didn't you hear? Dumbledore recruited a new potions professor. Snape is taking over the Dark Arts." Luna said. Her dad wrote 'The Quibbler', so she was often in the loop of what was going on.

"I'm sorry, what?" Prim asked, sitting up quickly. It
was no secret that Snape had always wanted that position, it was bewildering that he actually got it.

"This year is going to be awful!" Prim groaned.

"Well at least we know what Snape is like. We've been in his classes for six years. He can't be worse than Umbridge. Even he didn't like her." Winnifred said.

"I suppose that's true. I wonder who will be teaching Potions? Merlin, I wish we could get Professor Lupin back. I don't care if he's a bloody werewolf! The man had style." Dove said, causing Winnifred to laugh. She wished Remus could come back as well, but parents were already on edge because of Voldemort's
return. Adding a werewolf to the mix (though a completely innocent one), was probably not a good idea.

"I wish we would've been able to learn from Professor Moody. Well, the real Moody..." Prim said. Alastor Moody was not known for being kind, but he had a good heart.

***

Horace Slughorn was the new potions professor.  He seemed nice enough, so Winnifred didn't feel as nervous for potions this year. He'd stopped her when she was leaving the great hall, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to pry, but was your mother Evalina Elm by any chance?" The man asked,  and Winnifred nodded.

"Yes, why?"

"She was one of my star students, along with Lily Potter. You happen to look just like her. I did know your uncle well, too." Winnifred was always interested in hearing stories about her family that she'd never had the chance to get to know.

"Are you taking potions this year?" Slughorn asked.

"I am. I want to be a professional quidditch player, but I also have interest in become a healer like-"

"Your mother, of course. She would have given Madame Pomfrey a run for her money. It was marvelous to meet you! I have these clubs for my favorite students, do expect an invite!" The man said before scurrying away.

The man was odd, but way nicer than Snape.

As she was making her way to the Ravenclaw common room, she was stopped once again. This time, it was Harry.

"We need to talk about your cousin." He said seriously.

"Prim?" Winnifred asked.

"No."

"Nymphadora?"

"No."

"An-"

"Draco. It's Draco." Harry seemed a little unimpressed.

"I apologize, I do have a lot of cousins. What is he up to now?" She asked.

"I think Draco is a Death Eater, Winnie. I saw him go into Borgin and Burke's with his parents and few others. I have a bad feeling about this. Ron and Hermione think it's a bit far fetched, but I thought I would tell you." Winnifred sighed.

"Harry, it's probably true. Lucius was one of Voldemort's most loyal followers. It was only a matter of time. That being said, I wouldn't spread it around. I think it'll get you more trouble than it's worth." Winnifred told her god-brother.

"Yeah, Yeah. I suppose you're right."

i'm unsure yet, but half blood prince might be the shortest because i don't have a lot of ideas for it?? i'll try my best to make it longer, but i don't want it to become boring.