the only way

XLIII

XLIII. THE ONLY WAY

Narcissa guided the two girls into a grand room, that Winnifred recognized as Draco's room. He was standing next to his mother.

"Andromeda, she told me about your pregnancy." Narcissa started. "I'm unsure if I would be able to pull off getting you two out of here." She spoke in a hushed whisper.

"You would do that? For us?" Prim asked.

"Despite what you may think, I never truly cut ties with Andromeda. She's still my sister, and you're still my niece, Primrose." Narcissa told the metamorphamgus.

"And Winnifred, you surely know I never agreed with Lucius' way of discipline. We may not be on the same side, but I will not stand for killing an innocent child. Though sometimes, I do not know what side I'm on." Narcissa went quiet towards the last part.

"Narcissa, Draco, you can escape this. This doesn't have to be your life." Winnifred told the mother.

"We don't have much of a choice." Draco muttered.

"If I get you two out, I will not be able to get the other two." She referred to Dean and Mr. Ollivander.

"They're innocent! Ollivander is just a wand-maker, and I've known Dean since I started Hogwarts. We have to save them, too!"

"Winnie, I love you, and I agree, but this is about you right now." Prim put her hands on Winnifred's shoulders.

"You're pregnant, Winnie. Being locked in a dungeon covered in dirt and barely getting any food is going to kill those babies! It could kill you! I promise, we will come back for them, but it can not be now." Prim told her cousin. Prim was rarely this serious — it was a bit frightening, actually.

Winnifred nodded. "Okay. Okay...how do we manage this?" She looked at Narcissa and Draco.

"Getting Primrose out may not be that difficult. She can simply transform into someone else. Getting you out, Winnifred, is the problem. The Dark Lord wants you on his side. Adding to his horcruxes; with you, he'd be unstoppable." Narcissa told her.

Winnifred shook her head. "I can't. I won't." Narcissa smiled sadly.

"I know, dear."

"Primrose, would you be able to transform into the wife of Yaxley?" Prim nodded.

"Perhaps if Draco and Primrose were to escort you; saying that the Dark Lord needed to speak with you, we could get outside. I can aparrate you to Diagon Alley. No further." Narcissa told them, staring at a painting on the wall as she made her plans.