dumbledore's army

XXVI

XXVI. DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY

Neville had found the perfect room for Harry to teach them Defense Against the Dark arts. It was called the Room of Requirement; also known as the Come and Go Room. Like in the name, the room turned into whatever you needed most at that time. Fred and George said it had turned into a broom closet once, when they were running Filch.

The first meeting would be that night, but first, Ravenclaw was playing Slytherin. Sabrina had been elected the new captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. Winnifred was proud of her, as this was her last year at Hogwarts.

"Okay, Chang, you'll be up against Malfoy, but if you can get inside his head, I'm sure you'll be able to catch the snitch. As I have been assigned to keeper instead of chaser, Patil will be taking my place. Patil and Black, you need to block Crabbe and Goyle." Sabrina explained. Winnifred gave her a thumbs up, signifying that she was doing a good job. Sabrina had been extremely nervous the night before.

The made their way to the pitch, their blue robes flowing behind them. She could see her friends in the stands cheering Ravenclaw on. She even spotted Fred wearing a Ravenclaw scarf — she had no idea where he'd gotten it. Lee Jordan was commentating, per usual.

"And they're off! Little Thawne keeps the bludger from hitting Black!" He started, talking about Dove, who had joined last year.

"Pucey has possession of the quaffle — Black has taken it from him! Us Gryffindors love Winnifred Black! Especially a red-head named-"

"JORDAN!" Mcgonagall shouted. Lee muttered a quick apology, and started commentating again.

"Black scores for Ravenclaw!" Winnifred had become exceptionally good at quidditch, as she hoped to one day join the Holyhead Harpies.

"Nice job, Thawne, blocking Slytherin from scoring!"

"Crabbe and Goyle have the quaffle! Goyle's throwing it — what are you doing? That's not the goal! That's Black's head!" Lee shouted.

The quaffle hit Winnifred on the head with a lot of force, causing her to sway on her broom a little bit. Sabrina called a time out - furious with the Slytherins. Fred met her by the stands, a scowl on his face, muttering about what he wanted to do to Crabbe and Goyle.

"Those cheating pieces of scum!" Dove yelled as Cho checked the back of Winnifred's head.

"You good, Win?" Sabrina asked. Sure, she had a little bit of a headache, but she was fine.

"I'll go to the hospital wing later. Let's get back out there! I want to win." Winnifred said, smiling.

"Merlin's beard, why are you always injured? It's a good thing you don't go down easily." Sabrina chuckled.