papa, can you hear me?

VI

VI. PAPA, CAN YOU HEAR ME?

Word spread around the school like wildfire. Sirius Black had been spotted in the castle. Once again, students stared at her; even a few teachers. They weren't able to find him, but Dumbledore had them all sleeping in the Great Hall. She was laying next to Luna, Prim not far away, though she was with her own house. Cedric and Sabrina were roaming the halls, checking on their house's students due to prefect duty. After she had fallen asleep, tears staining her cheek, she was woken up by Dumbledore, himself.

"Winnifred, may I have a word with you?" He asked, and she nodded, getting out of the blankets on the floor. Once they were far away enough from students who could still be awake, Dumbledore looked to Lupin.

"Bird's eye view, Miss Black." Dumbledore pointed to the enchanted ceiling, that made the galaxy appear.

"You can say no, of course. However, we believe that he wouldn't hurt you. Are you-"

"I want to do it." Winnifred said quickly. Remus sighed. "Very well. I'll walk with you outside." He said, escorting the blonde out of the castle. Dumbledore told the other staff members that Remus was taking Winnie to safety, and that he was going to have 'Fawkes' roam the grounds. Except for Snape, who knew of Winnie's abilities.

Remus wished her luck, saying he'd stay right where he was at. Winnie closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and let the transformation take over. Winnie loved to fly, whether it was on a broom, or when she was in her phoenix form. She soared far away, looking in every crevice she saw.

She found herself near the quidditch pitch when she saw a black dog, laying down. It wasn't asleep, it was looking her right in the eyes. She landed next to the dog, and it sniffed her, immediately, rolling on its back, and sticking its tongue out. The dog had recognized her. It was all in the eyes, that they could figure out who the other was. Winnie nuzzled her beak into the dog's fur. This was all she had wanted for so long. Her father. Not those lousy Malfoys, who couldn't give a damn about her. Not Remus, though she loved him very much. Her father. The man who had held her while she cried, and made funny faces at her to make her giggle. She found a tear falling from her eyes - a tear so powerful it could save lives. The dog whimpered at the upset state of the phoenix, nuzzled closer to her.

Winnifred knew she had to go, or they would get suspicious, particularly, Snape. The only reason he knew of her abilities, was because her mother had been close friends with him, and he'd known that her mother was a phoenix as well. Winnie favored her mother more than her father, though she had her father's eyes.

Winnifred gave the dog one last nod before she took off, landing back where Remus was waiting. Winnie still had tears in her eyes, causing Remus to worry.

Winnie hugged her godfather before wiping her tears, and walking back into the castle with Remus.

Dumbledore and Snape stood waiting, and the greasy, black haired man had seemed to have grown impatient. "Well, Miss Black, did you find anything? We can order the dementors to go after the vile man."

"No, Sir. Nothing. The grounds were empty." She told Snape.

"You're completely positive-"

"Severus, the girl said she didn't see him. He's not here, he must have fled." Remus said, causing Dumbledore to nod, and Snape to grumble.

"Miss Black, you may head back to sleep."

***

The next day, in Dark Arts, Snape opened the door, and closed all the windows. Winnie felt her mouth go dry. Last night had been the full moon, and she hadn't even noticed.

"Turn to page three hundred and ninety-four." Snape commanded, and though the class was confused, they obeyed. Not even Prim knew of Remus being a werewolf. When Winnie flipped to the correct page, she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Snape knew. Was he going to announce it in front of the class that Professor Lupin was a werewolf?

Hermione questioned the man, saying that they weren't at that part of the book yet, but he told her off for talking without permission, and took points away from Gryffindor. He would later do this again, when Hermione told the difference between an animagus and a werewolf, claiming she was 'an insufferable know it all'. The lesson about lycanthropy made Winnie severely uncomfortable, but Snape hadn't outright given away Lupin's secret; though Winnie was sure people like Hermione could figure it out.

***

After making sure Remus was okay, she headed off to the Quidditch match. Hufflepuff versus Gryffindor. It was a dreadful day; the rain was pouring down heavily, and the people in the stands could barely see the game.

Winnie, Luna, and Sabrina supported Hufflepuff scarves. Prim had lent hers to Luna, as she was on the team, and didn't need it at the moment, she'd given Sabrina an extra one, and Cedric had let Winnie wear his. Truth be told, she wouldn't mind if Gryffindor won. She wanted to support all of the teams, though Slytherin made that harder. The Slytherin team was ruthless and would try to harm people on purpose while playing. The dementors hovering above the players made Winnie uneasy, and she feared for Cedric's safety.

She listened to Lee Jordan's commentary as she couldn't exactly make out what was going on. Until suddenly, she saw a figure falling from their broom. Winnie's eyes were wide as she looked at Sabrina.

Upon closer inspection, she realized it was Harry. The boy who never seemed to catch a break. Right before Harry had fallen, Lee Jordan had announced that Cedric Diggory had caught the snitch.

Dumbledore made sure Harry fell softly, and he was escorted to the hospital wing.

Winnie went to see Cedric after the game, but he was fuming.

"I don't want to win like this! I tried talking to Wood, but he said we won fair and square. It's rubbish if you ask me!" Cedric said, still in his quidditch uniform. She was able to calm him down with a kiss on the cheek, and playing with his hair.

"I'm proud of you, Ced." Winnie said, causing Cedric to smile. He picked her up, spinning her around.

"Only you Freddie. Only you, always."

i'm hoping you guys like this story i always get so insecure lol

i really wish i knew how to make gifs so i could put one at the end of each chapter.

anyways, comment and vote!!