staring contest ソペ科

Warnings: fluff, angst and cursing

Word count: 1520

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

Levi was pretty good at reading people, watching from afar, taking in very subtle things that most people wouldn't. over all he was just very observant but there was one person he just couldn't figure out.

(y/n) (y/l). it drove him mad, it made him resent you. no matter what you just wouldn't crack, your expression or demeanor never changed. you were like a living zombie. but when it came to the battle feel you were exceptional, your skills rivaled that of Mikasa's

you always kept to yourself, many people had attempted to befriend you, but to no avail. it was like you weren't fully present, floating along a stream of words unsaid. no one had ever seen you laugh, cry, get mad or even smile.

he hated it, he wanted to know what made you tick.

(y/n) pov:

my eyes jolted open from a restless sleep, not that I had gotten much in the first place. today would consist of the same skull numbing routine, eat, train, clean, sleep and repeat, and when we weren't doing that we were beyond the walls, wondering whos next, if I was next?

at this point I've seen too many of my comrades die to grieve anymore, I have no sadness left in me, I'm tired of caring, I'm tired of everything, but I keep pushing forward without even knowing what it is that drives me. before trost my sister was that reason, but she's gone now.

I made my way alone to the mess hall, I was usually always late so no one would really notice. I slipped in quietly and made some coffee before seating myself at an empty table. I rested my chin on the palm of my hand as I stared out the window to my right.

it was summer so it gave the open field a vibrant look, flowers of many colors scattered out amongst the field. the grass swayed softly in the breeze. it was beautiful

Levi's pov:

she looked peaceful, more relaxed than normal. lost in a world of her own, she pissed him off to no end but he couldn't help but admire her beauty. I didn't realize how long I had been staring until she turned her head, looking directly at me, we held eye contact for a moment, as if battling for dominance, waiting for the other to look away first. she did. I watched her quickly finish the rest of her drink before leaving the mess hall.

unluckily for Levi, Hanji had witnessed the entire ordeal, a large grin spread across her face but she decided to keep her lips sealed for now "what the fuck are you smiling at shitty glasses" I seethed "oh nothing, see you later shorty" she called dashing for the doors. "tch"

(y/n)s pov:

that whole stare down with captain Levi left you feeling a little awkward so you decided to spend the the remainder of your spare time out in the field. that hadn't been the first time you both held an unspoken staring contest, it felt like he was searching you, it sent chills down your spine, your knees felt weak but you didn't dare let it show.

you had gotten no further than a few feet down the hall when you felt someone grab your shoulder, your self defense mechanisms kicked in without even thinking and within seconds you had the person pinned against the wall, no, wait, it was just Hanji.