Exactly where we're meant to be ゅぱあ暗凹イ

Warnings: Fluff, injury, angst and cursing

Word count: 1184

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

You made your way down the dimly light hall, goosebumps littered your exposed arms, sending a shiver down your spine. It was a regular thing, you never got caught. But where were you going? the roof.

You suffered from extreme insomnia and laying in bed staring at four walls all night being alone drove you mad. Before you would have went to visit Levi and have late night conversations, you both hit it off really well but one night he turned you away, saying that you were beginning to get on his nerves and that he wanted you to stop bothering him.

It broke your heart, but your flawless public facade masked private despair. You couldn't understand, had you overstepped his boundaries? why did he lead you on? Why didn't he tell you sooner so you wouldn't have made such a fool of yourself.

That's exactly what you were, a fool. You should have known better. He was the first person who made you feel like you weren't a burden and it blew up in your face.

The wind blew through your hair, swaying behind you. tears streamed down your soft cheeks but you remained stoic. the stars glittered above you, the full moon illuminated everything. making it easy to see. 

you stood up walking to the very edge, being up here somehow made you feel free, even if it was only for a little while.

you were about to step back but you lost your balance and slipped, your eyes widened as you let out a shriek, falling over the edge. 'oh god this is it' you thought as you plummeted to the ground, then everything went black.

-

breakfast had finished but everyone took quick notice of your absence, including Levi but you were no where to be found, they checked your room, you weren't there, your things still all in place, your uniform laid out neatly on your bed so you couldn't have left, you were no where to be found. By the time dinner rolled by everyone was worried sick.

Levi felt terrible, especially because of how he had last spoke to you, you didn't deserve it. he didn't deserve you, that's why he done what he did but he felt nothing but regret. That night he turned you away he could see the heartbreak and sadness in your eyes. what if she left because of him? what had he done.

"we found her!" Hanji yelled, swinging the wooden doors open, Levi almost dropped his cup because of how sudden it was. "where is she?" Sasha asked as she rushed towards Hanji along with everyone else "she's not in good shape, she's out cold, we think she must have jumped off the roof, that's the only way we can explain her inquires" Hanji said grimly as they all walked down the hall, including Levi. "What?! she wouldn't have jumped, I know she wouldn't have done that" Eren cried, anger bubbling up inside.

They slowly opened the infirmary door and spotted you immediately. your leg lay elevated in a cast and bandages were wrapped around the top of your head and right arm. "she has a couple broken ribs as well. The doctors were baffled that she could survive a fall that high, she's extremely lucky" Hanji said as they followed in suit to your bed.

Levi's felt like his heart was in his throat, he was to in shock to say or do anything but just stand there. "(y/n)" Armin spoke softly, giving your shoulder a light tap, your eyes opened ever so slightly but kept drooping back shut. "what happened?" Mikasa asked sitting on the bottom of your bed

"I-I" you had to pause, wincing in pain "I sli-slipped and f-fe-fell" you rasped barley above a whisper. everyone looked at each other furrowing their brows "why were you up there in the first place" Levi said, his tone rather harsh, he was just angry that you could have died and he would have lost you over something so stupid. He felt immense guilt as well, late at night you always came to his room, this probably wouldn't have happened if he wasn't such an asshole

Your eyes were closed at this point, you couldn't bare to look at them, you felt too embarrassed, you must look like a real idiot "I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to fall, it was an accident" you said, your eyes watering as you did so. Levi's glare softened and he felt his heart crumble, why was she apologizing for getting hurt? yes it could have been avoided but it wasn't your fault.

"its okay (y/n) we know" Hanji said, taking your hand in hers. Your eyes closed and your breathes became slow and steady, you were exhausted and weak. "we should let her rest" Armin said, turning to look at everyone else, they nodded in agreement and left. Levi was the only one who stayed behind.

He sat in the chair beside your bed, looking down at your small form, he brushed the hair out of your face using his hands. He was going to stay till you were awake. He wouldn't leave your side, ever again.

--

pain, that was all you could feel it was hard to stay awake, partly because you were doped up with pain medicine but something was pulling you back into consciousness, it was a physical feeling, someone was gripping tightly onto your hand. you slowly opened your eyes to meet piecing steel gray ones, you didn't react whatso ever, you just kept staring at him. it felt hard to process everything, how long had you been out?

"how do you feel?" Levi asked, you were taken back with how disheveled he looked, he had bags under his eves and his hair was an absolute mess. "okay" you spoke softly, looking away, all the memories from before the fall started coming back to you, why was he here? "I'm surprised to see you here" you said, your voice beginning to come back to you.

Now it was Levi who looked away. "I'm so sorry (y/n), I should never have said those things to you" he spoke with sadness and pain in his voice "I never meant any of it, I just though you deserved better so I tried to push you away" he continued.

"you're an idiot" you smiled, still holding onto his hand. he looked back up at you, is eyes lightened, a small smile graced his own lips "I know" he said running his spare hand through your hair. "I'll never push you away again, I promise" Levi reassured you, kissing the back of your hand. you sat up, reaching out with your spare hand you placed a hand on his cheek, about to kiss him but he beat you to it.

It was slow and gentle, it felt like butterflies were in your stomach, in this moment everything was perfect, you were both exactly where you were meant to be.