the shining ゛煙嵐

Warnings: Cursing, abusive behavior, alcohol abuse and angst, this is mega sad and depressing

Summary: like an au bat scene from the shining if you get what I mean, then Levi phoning (y/n) in the morning after he realizes what he's done

Word count: 1169

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

Levi had been sober from alcohol for almost a year now, before he got sober he was a very argumentative and violent man. But he got better for you. but for the past few days you had been smelling alcohol on his breath, it worried you deeply.

while sober he was great to be around he was so loving and attentive but when drinking, he was someone else, you had been working all day and if it were a normal night you would be itching to get home, exhausted from work but tonight you were anxious.

you twisted the door knob slowly, entering your darkly lit living room apart from at lamp and the tv. At least a dozen bottles were scattered around the couch and loan behold, Levi sat on the couch half awake.

you gasped, dropping your keys, Levi's eyes shot up, scowling at you. "what are you doing, you promised you wouldn't drink again!" you cried marching towards him, standing at the other side of the table. he growled under his breath, griping the couch so hard his knuckles were turning white.

"shut your fucking mouth" he seethed. your eyes widened, stumbling back slightly. "you Bastard, you promised me!" you said weakly as tears brimed your eyes, cowering away from him. "who do you think you are!" he roared, slamming his fists down on the table in front of him.

You stumbled back tripping over a bottle, you landed straight on your ass. "I work my ass off! am I not allowed to relax now and then!?" he yelled again.

"You're not a man of his word, you're pathetic" you spat with your bottom lip trembling. You then noticed an empty bottle to your right so you picked it up with a shaky hand, pointing it straight at him. The look in his eyes terrified you.

"stay away from me!" you shirked while scrambling onto your feet. He smiled dangerously, walking around the table "put down the bottle (y/n)" he seethed. With a shaky hand you stepped back whimpering "stop!"

"give me the bottle!" he roared, lunging at you, to which you stepped back in time. "give me the bottle sweetheart, I'm not gonna hurt you" he said with a twisted grin. "Levi! are you insane, what's gotten into you?!" you cried still pointing the bottle at him in self defense, trying to keep him away.

"(y/n), darling, light of my life, you didn't let me finish my sentence, I said, I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm just gonna smash your face in, I'm gonna smash it right the fuck in" he said with a twisted smile. tears were now streaming down your face,  you almost tripped again when your feet hit the stairs, you stepped up them backwards still swinging the bottle at Levi to keep him at bay.

"Levi! stop it!" you cried, "I'm not gonna hurt you" he smirked following you up the stairs "Levi! Please " you sobbed.

As you neared the top of the stairs you realized you had no where else to go, he was getting closer, you were out of options, with a loud cry and a hard swing you brought the bottle right down on Levi's head, glass shattering everywhere.

he stumbled backwards, falling straight down the stairs. you watched him tumble, his body lay motionless. with a gash of blood on his forehead.

With shaky breaths and your hair disheveled you stepped careful down the stairs, watching intently to make sure he was still unconscious,  stepping over him you darted for your keys. getting out of there, you didn't dare look back, Levi had taken it too far this time.

The next morning you lay in a run down motel bed while sobbing into your pillow, what on Earth had just happened?

You were startled by the sound of your phone ringing, you slowly grabbed it of the night stand and felt more sobs escape your lips

Levi was calling you, your heart was aching, you just couldn't bring yourself to answer so you let it ring out.

After a few minutes it started ringing again, god damn it, he had already caused me enough pain, he was only adding more.

Levi's POV:

I woke up laying at the bottom of the stairs with my head absolutely pounding, I sat up and let out a grunt of pain as I put my hand on my head and pulled it away to see blood

I then looked around to see shattered glass and empty bottles every where, then the memories of last night came back to me

Oh my god what have I done, i felt tears begin run down my face, (y/n), my poor (y/n). I was consumed with guilt. I can only imagine how she felt

I promised her and I let her down, I done more than that, I broke her trust and heart, I at least had to try fix things if she'd let me, I reached for my phone to try call her

(Y/n)'s pov:

He called for the third time and with trembling hands I picked up "(y/n) I'm so sorry, please forgive me, please" Levi said, It sounded like he had been crying

I sat there in silence, feeling numb and empty "you promised me and each time you broke that promise I forgave you, I've heard it all before"

"I know (y/n) but please just give me one more chance, I promise I won't let you down ever again" he said frantically

"I know I won't be let down again because I'm never giving you the chance to do so, you threatened to 'smash my face in' last night, you've gone to far Levi, I'm done" I replied, my voice trembling

"(Y/n) please! Don't do this! I'm so sorry, please! I'll change I swear, just please don't leave me, you're all I have left" he sobbed

I broke down sobbing again as well "well now you'll have no one and it's your own fault, you did this to yourself Levi, I've done everything in my power to help you and it's never enough. You won't change Levi, you never will"

There was silence, all I could hear were the sounds of Levi crying, It broke my heart I just wanted to go over and hold him but I had to be strong.

"Goodbye Levi"

Levi's POV:

"Goodbye Levi" the line went silent, she had hung up, I threw my phone across the room, smashing it.

I looked to my left to see an unopened bottle of beer, I picked it up and cracked it open, it looks like this is all I have left now.