stuttering り遠異

Warnings: cursing and fluff

Summary: the reader has a stutter and they're embarrassed by it so they stay quiet and Levi helps them find their voice

Word count: 1941

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

Lunch had not long just finished and now it was time for training, you couldn't be bothered at all but you weren't going to protest. you were very much stoic and stuck to yourself but you didn't have a back bone at all, you wouldn't argue back or stick up for yourself, you just stood there and took it.

But inside it tore you apart, you felt so ashamed and lonely, you wished you could stick up for yourself but there was only one thing holding you back, you had a terrible stutter and it brought on relentless bullying in your younger years so you figured it was better to not talk at all, everyone had only heard you speak a handful of words, even at that, they were all one worded answers.

Despite all that you made up for it in your skills, you graduated second, next to Mikasa, meaning you were a force to be reckoned with in the field and you had actually beaten Mikasa a good amount of times.

You were paired up with Armin and he just looked so pitiful, he knew he didn't stand a chance, you didn't mind Armin at all, you never really knew him but he was one of the few people that treated you with kindness. You heled back actually giving him a chance to beat you, of course he knew that and insisted you just go full out even if he got an ass kicking. you weren't really planning to actually do it until you felt someone behind you. "stop holding back, you can do better than that" said the voice of the one and only, Levi Akerman. You almost jumped out of your skin.

You turned to look at him then looked back at Armin and somehow he understood what you were implying. "take me on then" Levi said stepping back, getting into his stance, you hesitated for a moment and Levi noticed but you soon got into position.

A lot of people were now watching, most cheering you on to beat the captain but you blocked them all out and focused on Levi with tunnel vision, waiting for him to strike first. and that he did but you easily dodged him. kicking him in the back before he could turn around, sending him into the dirt, gasps could be heard all around you.

Your victory didn't last long as he was back on his feet within a matter of seconds and this time you weren't quick enough to dodge, taking a punch straight to the face and a knee in your stomach, knocking the wind right out of you.

You stumbled back, to regain your posture but you weren't given enough time as he came back at you, slamming you to the ground as he straddled your stomach and threw punches at your face, you'd definitely have a black eye and a busted lip after this. after the fourth hit you wriggled free and pushed him off, switching positions with you now straddling him as you threw punches of your own, feeling absolutely furious that he had gotten the better of you.

he was quicker to get free, throwing you off, you tried to scramble to your feet before he could get up but he beat you too it as you felt him slam his boot right down onto your back, you grunted in pain trying to push yourself up but it was no use, he reached down and grabbed your left arm and began to bend it behind your back, you refused to cry or give in but as he applied more pressure it became unbearable and a scream of sheer agony escaped your lips.