heterochromia ぐ越セ

a/n: this is an idea have had for a while now, I think heterochromia is so beautiful so I just had to write a story on it, sorry if this sucks

Warnings: cursing, angst and fluff

Word count: 1052

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

Today was your first day as a scout and you were thrilled, you had dreamed of this for so long. the first day was fairly easy, you had settled well into your room and it was a relief that you didn't have to share with anyone anymore.

you had just finished packing everything away and decided you would catch up on some sleep, though it wouldn't come easy. You looked in the mirror brushing you hair then once you had finished you removed your eyepatch.

Why did you need one, well it wasn't because you were blind but you had mismatched eyes, one blue and the other brown.

You were bullied relentlessly for it when you were little so when you joined the cadets you started wearing it in fear of being ridiculed again.

only a handful of people knew, Mikasa, Eren and Armin, they were the ones who always stuck up for you as kids and understood your reasons for wearing it.

it was annoying at times, always having to wear it when you didn't even need it, but after a while you got used to it. You frowned at your reflection in the mirror for a moment before turning your back and crawling into bed.

--

Today would be the first day of training, you were looking rather forward to it. you were in the top five of your class meaning it would be relatively easy, well, as long as you weren't paired with Mikasa. then you'd have your ass handed to you.

today you would all be observed by the superiors and they would be examining everyone's skills, which was pretty nerve racking so you were praying at this point you wouldn't be paired with Mikasa (lmao)

You were paired up with a scout who had joined the year before because there weren't enough people but from reading his body language you could tell he was tense, too tense.

he leaped at you which you easily dodged and before he could turn around, you kicked him in the back, sending him crashing into the dirt face first.

he growled in frustration as he got back up he pounced at me again and I tried to duck but wasn't quick enough as he caught me in a headlock.

I heled onto his arm as I tried to wiggle free which I eventually did but to my shock the eye patch had slipped off as well falling to the ground. I immediately went to pick it up but he crushed it into the dirt with his boot.

my eyes were wide as I kept my head down, staring intently at the ground. a couple of people had stopped fighting at this point, including Armin.

My opponent grabbed me by the hair pulling me up onto my feet, he looked me in the eyes only to burst out laughing "Jesus Christ what's wrong with your eyes" he said dropping me back onto the ground.

tears brimmed my eyes as I stared at my ruined eyepatch, Armin instantly rushed to my aid, helping me stand up, he looked at me with pity as he tried to comfort me.

one of the superiors came over to see what the fuss was about and out of everyone it had to be captain Levi, he was known to be quite harsh and intimating.

He looked at us all but had no reaction what so ever "what's going on here" he asked giving us his infamous glare. "He ruined my eyepatch sir" I said softly, looking at my feet.

"come with me, I'll get you a new one and you're going to run fifty laps, that's just fighting dirty and down right cruel, you've embarrassed the poor girl" he spat at my opponent who cowered and nodded straight away.

Armin gave you a soft smile which you returned with a sad one, you then followed after the captain as people watched you both retreat back into HQ. you kept your head down the entire way.

--

you still hadn't seen the entire place so you had no idea where you were going, he took you to his office and retrieved some bandages from his drawer.

"I can wrap this around your eye until I find you one" he said sitting me down in the chair across from his desk "yes sir thank you" you answered quietly.

he crouched down in front of me tilting my chin up so we were at eye level "I don't think you should though" he said looking deep into your eyes "I can't I'm too ashamed " you sighed turning away.

"you shouldn't be" he said turning your head back to look at him, tears began to brim your eyes. "I think they're beautiful" he said with the smallest hint of a smile causing you to smile also

"you really think so?" I asked "I know so, don't be afraid to be yourself" he answered, pinching your cheek as he stood back up to which you swatted his hand away playfully, still smiling, maybe Levi wasn't as harsh and intimating as everyone made him out to be .

"so do you still want to wear it?" he questioned, leaning against the desk in front of me, holding out the bandages. I stared at them for minute, thinking deeply, this wasn't an easy decision to make.

"n-no" you stammered then clearing your throat repeating it but more confidently this time.

you stood up suddenly wrapping you arms around him as Levi stood there shocked for a moment before returning the hug

"thank you, no ones really said anything like that to me before" you mumbled, clutching the back of his shirt.

"maybe because you've always wore the patch, not everyone is like that asshole" he said pulling away to look at you again "yeah I guess you're right" you smiled.

"now lets get back out there so you can kick his ass with confidence and show him who's boss" he said holding your hand as he led back out of his office and into the filed.