Chapter Fifty

Clarke POV
The ride back to Polis seems to take an eternity, it feels like we're riding in circles. My mind is also shooting around in circles. If Jaha has taken over Arkadia it won't be long before he spreads much further and most of our lands are plagued by the city of light. We need to work quickly to make a plan to overthrow him but any plan that isn't properly planned and executed could be disastrous. Lexa and I are definitely not going to sleep for a few nights trying to sort this out.

It's only then that I notice that Lexa has been saying something to me. I look at her and try to zone back in to what is going on. She has a worried look on her face. In a different moment I would have thought that it was a pretty cute look but right now I was in ambassador mode and only ready for business thoughts. Lexa can see that I'm being serious and makes note.

"What are you thinking" she states matter of factly
"Jaha needs to be stopped but I don't know how. This man has spent his entire life being the leader of people. It has always been his job to convince people that what he is doing is the right way to do it. He KILLED MY FATHER AND TRIED TO TELL US THAT IT WAS NORMAL" I reply and all of a sudden I realise I'm balling my eyes out.

I collapse with sadness and fall off my horse. Then the whole world goes black