Chapter Fifty Five

Clarke POV
Gaia is kneeling down to pray when we arrive.
"This is a sacred space, only the most pure and faithful are allowed to enter. There is no room for egos or power. We must remove anything that makes us any more than ordinary" Lexa explains as she begins to remove her sash and armour
"But you're heda? Aren't you the thing she is praying to or about or whatever" I retort while still obliging and removing my armour.
"She prays to Becca Pramheda, the first commander, the real Heda. I am simply her servant who gives my body so that her spirit can live on"
"Okay" I nod although I'm still rather confused.
We enter and kneel next to Gaia and after a few minutes she acknowledges us. She does not say anything but she turns to look at Lexa with panic in her eyes. Clearly Lexa doesn't usually pay a visit down here.
"Thank you for accepting us into your place of worship Gaia. We wish to know about the spirit of the commanders. Clarke believes she might know something." Lexa says in her commander voice. God I love her commander voice, it's so sexy. I butt in before I get too distracted.
"Yes. Uh.... does it look like a chip"
Gaia frowns
"No Wanheda. It is a small black square that responds to voice codes" she responds
"That's a chip! Perfect. I think I know why Jaha wants it.... but how did a piece of code make it to the grounders when it came from the ark?"
"Clarke that's not possible, the spirit of the commanders has been with us since the day Becca Pramheda fell from the sky" Lexa interrupts "or so they say"
Gaia nods, a happy teacher.
"Wait fell from the sky? Did you say fell from the sky?" I respond, confused
"Yes of course." Gaia says. "Let me put on some more torches so you can better see"
She lights up the room and begins to point at some pictures on the wall but my eyes are fixed on just one thing in the centre of the room.
"Very cool isn't it Clarke" Gaia muses, happy to share her passion
"That's Polaris, the 13th station of the Ark" I say in so much shock that I barely notice both Lexa and Gaia turn and gawk at me with a mixture of  anger and disbelief