Chapter Thirty Six

Lexa POV

We are going to ride back to Polis. All of us. Bellamy, Raven, Lincoln, Octavia, Murphy and of course Clarke. We also decide to bring Abby with us so that we can punish her once Clarke has healed. We need to get to Polis as quickly as possible so that the news of the 13th clans refound alliegence to the coalition can be known and the blockade can be lifted.

"Heda" Lincoln bows to me with Octavia by his side. "Abby cannot ride by herself and Clarke is asleep inside. Someone will need to take each one of them."

"Skaikru will also need a leader" Octavia interjects.

"Lincoln you will take Abby. See Jackson and ask if he has anything to make her fall asleep so she is easier to handle on the trip over. I will take Clarke." Lincoln gives me a confused look but does not question my actions. No doubt he is wondering why I chose to take Clarke myself. That is going against all traditions. 'To be commander is to be alone' That is what I was always told. Alone holds the most safety. But I don't care if my safety is jeopardised on the trip to Polis, I will hold my girlfriend while she sleeps. Lincoln bows once again and leaves to go and find Jackson. I then turn to Octavia to answer her inquiries.

"You are right. Skaikru needs a leader. I know nothing of your people. I know that you vote for your leaders but what happens now." Octavia looks puzzled by my question for just long enough for me to remember that she never really got taught much on the ark because her birth was illegal. Finally she replies.

"On the Ark, the council would pick a acting Chancellor until a vote can be taken. In this case that would be Abby but we can't use her. My recommendation is Kane. He is one your side. The man who bares the mark kom kongeda (of the coalition). But I don't think he can lead alone. He will need someone of status who Pike's people follow but we know is on our side now. That way there will be no riots when Kane takes over." she trails off and I follow her thought pattern and instantly know what she is thinking.

" Bellamy" I mutter. He was head of the guard under Pike. He is perfect to run Skaikru along side Kane. I see her tense up at the thought of leaving her brother once again

"Octavia you do not have to come with us if you do not wish. When Clarke wakes I will happily tell her why you chose to stay in Arkadia. I know you do not want to leave Bellamy again. I can get a trikru guard with a large horse to take Lincoln's place with Abby and then Lincoln mat stay here too." Octavia smiles at my words and glances over to Bellamy again before finally replying.

"Thank you Heda but that would leave you with just Raven and Murphy and no matter how strong you are, you cannot deal with that. Bellamy is a big boy he can handle himself without me. And once we get to Polis we can try and get Raven to fix up the radio so we can talk anyway." I admire Octavia's strong sense of leadership but her ability to have fun at the same time.

"Bellamy!" She calls and he comes running.

"What do you want O" Bellamy huffs as he slows to a jog "Oh Apologies Heda. How can I help?" he corrects himself.

"You do not need to be so formal Bellamy. I am not some general or the enemy. Just the leader of the 13 clans and I need your help." Bellamy nods at my words "We need you to stay here and help Kane to run Skaikru. We need you to help transition everyone back from the ways of Pike. Once we are in Polis, Raven will work on fixing a radio so that we can talk and once all of Skaikru are accepting I will send some trikru warriors and hunters to help you out." Bellamy looks shocked

"Don't get me wrong Heda, I would be honoured but I will respectfully decline. I am not leaving my baby sister again" Bellamy says. His words tug a smile to my face. He cares very much about her.

"Actually, dingwad. Heda already offered to let me stay so I don't have to leave you again and I declined because you are a big boy and you can survive without me for a little bit." Octavia says, playfully shoving Bellamy as she does

"You didn't actually say that I was a big boy to Heda. Like THE commander of the 13 clans. That would make me sound so dumb" Bellamy whines

"She sure did actually" I interrupt, trying not to laugh as I say it. This time Bellamy playfully shoves Octavia. Lincoln then comes over and informs us that the horses are ready to go and Abby and Clarke are prepped. Octavia and Bellamy say a quick goodbye and soon we are on the road to Polis. My arm around Clarke's sleeping waist and her whole body pressed against mine.

About half way back to Polis we talk about what we will do first to help Clarke and I end up almost snapping when I think about Pike. When I mention Pikes name, Clarke stiffens where she sits and I realise her breathe is short and laboured. She is no longer asleep anymore. I increase by hold on her waist and kiss her forehead, trying my best to make her feel secure without drawing attention to the fact she is awake because if she wanted us to know she would have made it know. I hum a soft melody and her breathing quickly slows and it is clear she is asleep again. She sleeps for the rest of the trip back which is fortunate for her because it meant she didn't have to listen to Octavia and Lincoln trying (and failing) to teach Murphy and Raven trigedasleng. It may be painful to listen to but it certainly keeps me entertained on the journey to Polis.